The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 09-05-2009, 06:59 PM

Default Hank Garland tab book

I am finishing up a tab book for Hanks "velvet guitar" album. All of the songs can be found on his compilation "move! the guitar artistry of hank garland". The book should be finished at the end of the month and available for purchase in PDF form. This is a great way to learn about Hanks playing(or for anyone looking to learn some great jazz guitar) and is something that is long overdue. Anyone who is interested or who has questions should email me at [email protected]
Old 09-06-2009, 02:34 AM

Very cool.

Hank was a great player. I remember when I first heard Jazz Winds From a New Direction I realized where George Benson got his sound from.
Many years ago I transcribed and learned to play Hank's solo off All The Things from that record. Beautifully fluid playing, great lines, great phrasing, country meets jazz.

Aaron
Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 AM

I'm always on the lookout for solo chord-melody songs.

Does Hank Garland play any of the songs on the classic Move recording using that style?

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write