The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

View Poll Results: Which in each pair is the stereo track and which do you prefer?
April 1 100.00%
July 0 0%
13 0 0%
17 0 0%
Kiwi 0 0%
Orange 0 0%
Prefer April 0 0%
Prefer July 0 0%
Prefer 13 0 0%
Prefer 17 0 0%
Prefer Kiwi 0 0%
Prefer Orange 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2014, 06:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
if you go here you can hear a clip of the original:
http://www.amazon.com/A-Waltz-For-Re...tz+for+rebecca

or there's lots of versions on youtube.

my recollection is that al petteway was giving the tab away for free as i believe i have a copy somewhere. however, i looked on his website and couldn't find it.

sorry too if i caused an issue here. i wasn't concerned with the possible copyright infringement for a number of reasons: the tab was freely given out (iirc), these recordings are not sold or used to generate income, there are a ton of versions on youtube. it's a very pretty and accessible tune and i figured people would want to know what it was, either to learn or purchase the original.

i think your thread idea is a really good one, so i hope this all gets sorted out and you put up the test.
Ha! ok well what I'll do when I get back from vacation is redo the poll so as to allow multiple answers and try to clearly explain what the choices will be.
I guess I am anal when It comes to even the appearance of ignoring copyright.
Which is why even though Rick posted the files @ 44.1 -16 bit that could be downloaded by anyone on the forum, I used only the streaming option 128 bit MP3 on soundcloud I presumed making the full res. files downloadable from soundcloud would not be an issue but chose not to assume.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 04-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Are you certain ? Humm I thought they were originals perhaps this is not really a good idea

Actually if that is even possibly the case I do wish to have even the possible appearance of infringement so I will self terminate until I can sort it out Sorry
Don't worry about copyright issues on something like this. Covers are all over youtube and other places on the internet. My cover of this tune is on youtube with a bunch of other people's.
That said technically every song is an original of someone's and all have automatic copyright protection - my original, Petteway's original, your original, etc.

For proper comparison of mono and stereo keep the right and left fully panned.

mc1: here is a tab of that song
http://dcoombsguitar.com/Guitar%20Mu...er/Rebecca.pdf

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above

Last edited by rick-slo; 04-25-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRuskin View Post
None of the tracks are coming across as stereo to my ears or my scope.
Problem solved but not before you pulled the tracks. The sound card in my office cpu went rogue and decided to sum everything mono all on its own. Mea Culpa for the confusion.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Don't worry about copyright issues on something like this. Covers are all over youtube and other places on the internet. My cover of this tune is on youtube with a bunch of other people's.
That said technically every song is an original of someone's and all have automatic copyright protection - my original, Petteway's original, your original, etc.

For proper comparison of mono and stereo keep the right and left fully panned.

mc1: here is a tab of that song
http://dcoombsguitar.com/Guitar%20Mu...er/Rebecca.pdf
Ok thanks when I repost the poll I'll make downloading the wav files an option also. And yes I left the raw stereo file paned full left and right .I have no clue as to what or why RRuskin was having an issue.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD