The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-30-2019, 10:59 AM

I concur, those are symptoms of your saddle being too high. Odd that it's only 3 strings though. I know if I put my UST in there with my current saddle height I'll be sharp, but not nearly as bad as yours.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
Odd that it's only 3 strings though.
The bottom of the saddle may not be flat ??? If it was sanded it could have more off on one side than the other. A slight slant to it, if that makes sense. I didn't explain it well. When I've seen the experts grind the saddle, they put it in a clamp so that they take the same amount off across the whole saddle.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
The bottom of the saddle may not be flat ??? If it was sanded it could have more off on one side than the other. A slight slant to it, if that makes sense. I didn't explain it well. When I've seen the experts grind the saddle, they put it in a clamp so that they take the same amount off across the whole saddle.
Yes it could be. Even when it looks flat to the eyes it may not be. I always put the saddle on a surface that I know is flat and try and shine a light through. I just put the same saddle on my new Godin acoustic (minus the dye). That guitar came with the Baggs Anthem system. When I put the saddle on and tested there were some minor string volume differences when set to full UST. I need to tweak that one a bit. Getting a saddle completely flat is tedious. A UST will certainly let you know if it's flat!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber