The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-23-2020, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Default A new song

Here's a new song, "In the Name of Love." I took a songwriting session at Old Town School, in Chicago that just finished (before the latest shutdown of life as we know it). The last assignment was, "Write a song about Faith." There are many hypocrisies I see in the world and I couldn't just write a sweet little thing.

So here it is.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Marshall,

That was well done! Good job on the song and recording. I enjoyed hearing your voice -- good job all around!

- Glenn
Old 03-23-2020, 10:09 PM
Charter Member

Thanks. I'm having fun with my Cyberlink PowerDirector software. I'm getting decent with the editing. The recording is just an iphone with a Shure MV88 microphone plugged in.

I think I'm going to try plugging the guitar into an amp right there in the kitchen with me. To add some of the ToneDexter effect I get on stage to the audio. That means I'll try using an old Audio Technica headset microphone into the amp too. I don't want the amp to take over the acoustic sound. Just to enhance it a bit. (Don't look for anything for a couple weeks with that setup).

I like in my videos to give a sense of what a live performance would be like. I'm actually quite disappointed in what a lot of gigging artist are putting up on facebook these days. I know they're scrambling to compensate for lost gigs. But the audio and video qualities of these feeds are mostly crappy.

You've got t be a bit geeky these days if you want to put something out there worth an audience.

Thanks again for taking the time to watch and comment.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell