The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-24-2020, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

Gosh, I love that rosette. Beautiful build. Maybe a quick video once it’s ready?
Old 06-25-2020, 10:13 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindboyjimi View Post
Gosh, I love that rosette. Beautiful build. Maybe a quick video once it’s ready?
Maybe. I’ve been playing the guitar daily for a week now, and I am very pleased with it. Making a video I am willing to share is a lot of work for me, and doesn’t seem to get much response. Especially in this case, I suspect, as I am not a classical player.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Maybe. I’ve been playing the guitar daily for a week now, and I am very pleased with it. Making a video I am willing to share is a lot of work for me, and doesn’t seem to get much response. Especially in this case, I suspect, as I am not a classical player.
Well, one thought is to have a classical player play the guitar and make a video of it. Once made, use it to advertise your classical guitars, placing the video on your website, if you want more customers for classical/flamenco/crossover guitars.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:54 PM
Charter Member

This is so cool!
I'm putting the thread link and some pics
On the ForoFlamenco.

Love the rosette, peg head shape is beautiful, heel cap extension, whole guitar just looks "exciting".

Makes me think this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXFIiUyAfyU
Old 06-28-2020, 06:13 PM
AGF Sponsor

I don't know a classical guitar player who is nearby. . . so . . . I spent a silly amount of time today (It IS Sunday) recording a tune on the Madrone nylon guitar. My skill, such as it is, is with a flatpack, and this is a Swedish fiddle tune. Lemons/Lemonade.

Polska efter From-Olle

I may not play quite as well as the guy in the previous post, but my guitar might be as good as his, and I'll bet he didn't make his own. If he did, I'll back away slowly.

Last edited by Bruce Sexauer; 06-28-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:51 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

I think the recording sounds great, and I can hear many things in the guitar that reflect the way you've talked about your expectations for this and other flamenco guitars you've built - there's a crispness there even if the song and the playing style aren't really meant to bring that out. Well done and thanks for sharing!
Old 06-28-2020, 08:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

Since I have no classical technique whatsoever, I like my nylon strung guitars to be fairly aggressive AND to have a narrowish nut and a low action, though when Ervin Somogyi played one of my flamencos a couple of months ago he said it sounded just right to him, but had a nearly unplayably high action! I have to wonder what he actually likes, 'cause I thought is as low as possible if I want tone. The nut on this guitar is 49 mm, and doesn't feel wide at all to this more often steel string player.

Probably 40% of my guitar playing time over the last 3 years has been on nylon, before that none at all. I have made 6 of them in that period, and sold 3.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical