The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-06-2019, 10:08 AM

Congrats! What a gorgeous guitar!
Old 07-06-2019, 10:12 AM

Congratulations the X30 is an amazing instrument.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
The body is also solid black. The painting on the arm bevel is a bit thinner and you can guess the carbon weaves in very bright light.

It’s a simple pinhole the size of the string, the ball end does the rest.
How easy is it to find the pinholes and insert the string?

I find the standard size pinholes (using the small washer system) fairly quickly because the holes are standard size, but not instantly, even though the holes are much bigger than string size or even the ball end size.

This looks like it would take some practice, at least for my hand/eye ability.

Do you insert something down the holes from the outside first, as a guide for your hand inside the guitar, waiting to feel with your hand and then insert the string?
Old 07-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

You can feel the holes with the finger tip, it was actually easy to insert the strings, and that was after removing all the previous ones. If you change the strings 1 by 1 I assume it would be even easier to locate the hole.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:02 PM

Congrats on the x30! Your customizations are so cool and It gives me ideas for my next custom

Anyway, did you receive an email or tracking info? I was under the impression Kevin would email us when the guitars left Donegal? I was the padauk x30 behind yours in the 6/24 shopping video. I’m still playing the waiting game but I live in Hawaii so I may be waiting for a while (the only downside to living here).
Old 07-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

You should contact Kevin. They forgot to send me the tracking number and I had to ask for it.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windupbeard View Post
Congrats on the x30! Your customizations are so cool and It gives me ideas for my next custom

Anyway, did you receive an email or tracking info? I was under the impression Kevin would email us when the guitars left Donegal? I was the padauk x30 behind yours in the 6/24 shopping video. I’m still playing the waiting game but I live in Hawaii so I may be waiting for a while (the only downside to living here).
I thought T0f's was one from the 5/20 shipping video like mine..no matter I suppose. I did receive a shipping email, but several days I believe after it shipped.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 07-07-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
You should contact Kevin. They forgot to send me the tracking number and I had to ask for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
I thought T0f's was one from the 5/20 shipping video like mine..no matter I suppose. I did receive a shipping email, but several days I believe after it shipped.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ll check in with Emerald’s sales team about tracking. Can’t wait to get mine in. Enjoy your new axes mates!
Old 07-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Guest 928

Oh windup;

Yes, you can wait, just like the rest of us, on pins and needles. Who knows the fate of a shipment anymore? The trick of the wait, according to various players, is to play a lot of guitar and drink a lot of Sake (or something). In the meanwhile, feel free to cry and whine. It's always funny when it's the other person.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windupbeard View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ll check in with Emerald’s sales team about tracking. Can’t wait to get mine in. Enjoy your new axes mates!
For reference....

I placed my order on 10/11/18.

My guitar was delivered on 7/6/19, so 5 days short of 9 months.

I was told my guitar would absolutely positively ship on 6/28 (it probably did), however I did not receive my email notification until 7/2.

With that being said there were a series of things which led to my guitar to take so long which I'm sure is not the norm, but a Lemony Snicketts situation...."a series of unfortunate events".

With all of that being said, at least with my preliminary inspection and playing ( if you can call a monkey hitting strings and making noise actually playing), I am both thrilled and delighted with the results.

YMMV

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 07-08-2019, 12:42 PM

I'd love to hear your impressions of the PUTW UST once you get a chance to try it out!
Old 07-10-2019, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

I gave it a try (briefly), my subjective impression is that it's ok and a bit less "quacky" than the Element... but of course it's a UST so quite far from the natural sound, at least without a modelling preamp.

I took a few pictures tonight, I can't resist
Very bright sun, so of course the top looks much darker in standard conditions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019.07_X30_Sun_comp_01.jpg (39.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 2019.07_X30_Sun_comp_02.jpg (34.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 2019.07_X30_Sun_comp_03.jpg (41.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 2019.07_X30_Sun_comp_04.jpg (30.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 2019.07_X30_Sun_comp_05.jpg (33.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 2019.07_X30_Sun_comp_06.jpg (67.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 2019.07_X30_Sun_comp_07.jpg (46.4 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Tøf; 07-10-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Kind of astounding how dark that looks even in bright sunlight! Mine looks REAL dark in most indoor lighting but really pops when it's out in the sun. Good thing your's has that stripe of sap-wood or people might not realize you were holding a guitar!

As much as I tend not to care about such things, that headstock is really a beautiful bit of functional art. I don't think I'd like to string that up as much as a standard headstock, but I'd never tire of looking at it...

-Ray
Old 07-10-2019, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

I think I said once how beautiful that guitar and headstock is, but I will say it again if I am allowed. And that looks like a pretty high and cool deck you have there. All the neighbors should be able to hear you play from up there. Congrats again...
Old 07-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Charter Member

Dayum son! I'm now wishing I bit the bullet and got that awesome headstock!! Your guitar looks fantastic!

Mine being as bright as it is, actually gets a bit blown out in direct sunlight. I hope to have my NGD post up this weekend.

Question for you, do you think the X30 is a "loud" guitar? I guess I was expecting this to be louder. Love it though!

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber