The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-05-2019, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Default Waterloo WL-14XTR (SOLD), Kenny Hill New World Player 628S

Both of these guitars are in excellent - almost like new condition. I'm the original owner of both. They need nothing, sound very good, but I need to sell 'em and have priced them low. Large photos can be emailed to you. Shipping is your choice in CONUS. I'm pretty sure that I posted this yesterday with photos but it seems to have vanished. Write me for photos.

SOLD - Waterloo WL-14 X-braced, Truss rod, Smaller Neck - SOLD
Full specs at the Waterloo site but basically this is their 00 with X-style bracing. Beautiful solid spruce top with sunburst nitro finish. Ivoroid binding. Mahogany back and sides. 24-7/8" scale length. With the original hardshell case. SN #29xx.
Note: I had the ebony nut replaced with hard African ivory and the bone saddle replaced with pre-ban ivory. The ivory blanks came from Colosi. The original nut and saddle will be included. Also I'll include the Collings/Waterloo truss rod adjustment tool.
Asking price: $1200 + shipping

========

The Kenny Hill New World Player Model 628S
I bought this Kenny Hill New World Player directly from Kenny Hill in January 2017. The New World line has the Player series and the lower end Estudio series. These are Mr. Hill's line of guitars from China. Don't let that deter you. For the money, they are quite good. I can find no negatives about this instrument.

This model is the Player 628S - 628mm (24.72") scale with a beautiful, fine grained, solid spruce top.
Solid Indian rosewood back and sides.
Ebony fingerboard.
Spanish cedar neck with a double acting truss rod in neck. Comes with the truss rod wrench.
Nut and saddle are bone. Bridge is rosewood.
Top bracing: 7 delicate fan braces
Back bracing: 3 slender, tall braces
Spanish heel and foot.
Real rosette, not a decal.
I don't know the details on the tuners but they work very well.
There are two sound ports - one on each shoulder. These are an optional, extra cost feature. I do like sound ports.
Length: 38-1/4", 18-7/8"
Width: 10-5/8", 14-1/4"
Depth: 3-1/2", 3-5/8"
Nut: 49-50mm (1.93 - 1.96")
String spacing at 1st fret: 43mm (1.69")
String spacing at bridge: 58mm (2-1/4")
String height at 12th fret (low to high): 3-1/2/32", 3/32"
Original arched New World hardshell case (brown)
Truss rod tool from Kenny Hill included

The guitar is in excellent condition. I've played it a lot and it is comfortable and easy to play. I think the sound has improved in the 2+ years that I've owned it.
Asking price (OBO) $1000 + shipping

Last edited by Practiceecitcar; 05-05-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

I also have a Kenny Hill World Player 628S. It’s a great guitar for the money and works well as a crossover given the more “hospitable” specs for the steel string players.
Good luck with your sale.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:44 PM
Charter Member

TRose, thanks for the confirmation on the KH NWP628S. It is just as you say. I'm only selling because I've got two nylon string guitars incoming and a few guitars here need to be sold. Thanks. Richard
Old 05-05-2019, 04:42 PM

Wish they were closer to me. Would like to 'take em for a spin'. Should sell those to lucky forum members pretty quick.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 05-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Jeff, the Waterloo has been sold but I suspect that you'd like the Kenny Hill New World Player. Thanks. Richard

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars