The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-08-2021, 04:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjs View Post
Update 3: Well, it's May 7th at 10 pm local and a second Friday has come and gone. The UPS tracking for my X20 still reads "label created" so it has still not actually shipped.

On Monday around noon local it will have been two full weeks since I received the "shipping notice" that is, apparently, not really a shipping notice.

Is it just me or is this getting ridiculous...?

Phil
Hi Phil. My initial notice from UPS said it would arrive yesterday, but the tracking said “label created”. I checked early yesterday and tracking said it would deliver by 7:00PM. That came and went. Today is pretty much done, and tracking now only says it was shipped, with no ETA. It’ll be what it’ll be, but it is a bit disappointing to not really be able to track it.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 05-08-2021, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Update 3: Well, it's May 7th at 10 pm local and a second Friday has come and gone. The UPS tracking for my X20 still reads "label created" so it has still not actually shipped.

On Monday around noon local it will have been two full weeks since I received the "shipping notice" that is, apparently, not really a shipping notice.

Is it just me or is this getting ridiculous...?

Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Hi Phil. My initial notice from UPS said it would arrive yesterday, but the tracking said “label created”. I checked early yesterday and tracking said it would deliver by 7:00PM. That came and went. Today is pretty much done, and tracking now only says it was shipped, with no ETA. It’ll be what it’ll be, but it is a bit disappointing to not really be able to track it.
I'm curious - which shipping option did you guys choose?

Tracking has become really haphazard recently - FedEx, UPS, and USPS have all had their challenges. And if you're unfortunate enough to have a mix of carriers - like FedEx handing off to USPS - good luck.

About the only tracking that seems to work with any reliability at the moment is FedEx 'expedited' delivery.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 05-08-2021 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:38 PM
Charter Member

FWIW my new Rainsong V-JM1100N2 arrived Thursday via UPS having been shipped the previous Friday from California. The initial delivery projection was spot-on except that UPS usually hits my street in the afternoon, but on this occasion the driver arrived in the morning. YAY!
Martin 000-15sm
Old 05-08-2021, 09:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
I'm curious - which shipping option did you guys choose?

Tracking has become really haphazard recently - FedEx, UPS, and USPS have all had their challenges. And if you're unfortunate enough to have a mix of carriers - like FedEx handing off to USPS - good luck.

About the only tracking that seems to work with any reliability at the moment is FedEx 'expedited' delivery.
I chose the more expensive option, which supposedly is quicker and provides for tracking. I’m not going to check the tracking more than once per day, if that. It’s out of my control and will get here when it gets here.

2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
Old 05-11-2021, 08:27 AM

The continuing saga of Phil's X20, Update 4: Finally seeing "shipped" this morning (Tuesday) but no delivery date yet.

David, I wasn't offered a "choice" of shipper. Was just told the cost was $95, then a week later (approx.) I received a UPS tracking email.

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The continuing saga of Phil's X20, Update 4: Finally seeing "shipped" this morning (Tuesday) but no delivery date yet.

David, I wasn't offered a "choice" of shipper. Was just told the cost was $95, then a week later (approx.) I received a UPS tracking email.

Phil
Mine went from "Shipped" to yesterday. Then that changed to today. Which then again changed to tomorrow. It'll get here when it gets here, I guess.

2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
Old 05-13-2021, 08:16 AM

I'm happy to be able to report that my X20 is finally on its way! Stated delivery is Monday by end of day but it WILL get caught up in Customs because UPS tells me that there are taxes due. The problem is that they won't let me pay them without setting up an account! Whatever happened to "click here to pay with your Credit Card?" If it's not one thing, it's another.

"Those were the days, my friend..."

Phil

PS: Turns out I have an unknown-to-me UPS account (or someone has already used my somewhat unique UserID with my email address)! Problem is I don't know, or never knew, the password and their password reset and their UserID reset BOTH yield errors. A system isn't a system if it fails to act as a system! Really, what's wrong with a "pay here" button (I mean who else is going to pay my bill?)!

Finally called and spoke to a UPS rep and paid the taxes on Friday morning...new stated delivery is Tuesday by end of day.

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.

Last edited by philjs; 05-14-2021 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Update

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber