The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-18-2021, 08:58 AM

Default Trigger finger-Left Index

Well, the Doc just gave me my third injection and told me the next step, should it return (as I know it will), will be surgery. Should this injection work I’m going to try to put this off until the Fall.

Any body here have the surgery? How was it? Did it provide relief? How long was your recovery? And most important, did it solve the problem?

Kinda’ sucks. Can’t play guitar, trouble with golf, just hurts.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:55 AM
Charter Member

Trigger finger left index, that's me. It began midwinter and I tried ice, exercises, two steroid injections and then procrastinated about surgery until I could not move my index finger much at all. About a month ago I had the simple in and out the same day surgery. I had let mine get too advanced and it still hurt like h--- after the surgery. Also a nerve got pressure of some sort on it and the finger went strangely painfully numb. After about two weeks it began to improve rapidly. I still need to ice it a couple times a day but it feels so much better. The point of all this jabber is, I should have got the surgery sooner rather than later. Good luck.!!
Ah the joy of being able to fret an A Minor chord again, pure bliss.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:21 PM

Default Was Wondering About Trigger Finger

Something like that happened last evening out of the blue. Just stiff today and was able to fret no problem.
I’m assuming this could be the beginning of trigger finger on left index. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations going forward. Thanks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic