The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-07-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
The most recent one has 308 posts — https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...re+you+reading . When I searched I found several “live” versions, so I picked one
I didn't realize we had gone over.

Here's what I'm reading now, mostly on the back deck in the sun when I can. This is Book 2. It starts when the Les Paul was reintroduced in the 1968 and discusses the different models, players, etc.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

This book just came in and looks pretty interesting. From the blurb: In The Guitar, Chris Gibson and Andrew Warren follow that fascination around the globe as they trace guitars all the way back to the tree. The authors take us to guitar factories, port cities, log booms, remote sawmills, Indigenous lands, and distant rainforests, on a quest for behind-the-scenes stories and insights into how guitars are made, where the much-cherished guitar timbers ultimately come from, and the people and skills that craft those timbers along the way.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:05 PM

Tracing the guitar back to the tree sounds interesting,please give us an update after you've finished it.
I'm halfway through "Lost Children Archive: A Novel " by Valeria Luiselli. Much more of a novel than a documentary on immigrants. I'm finding it quite enjoyable.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:29 PM

Hmm — not one music related book mentioned.
Wow.
I'm currently into The Harmonic Experience, by W. Matthieu.
2005 Line 6 Variax
2012 Rod Schenk koa-cedar custom-build FG
2014 Eastman 10-00
2020 Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe
Old 06-14-2021, 04:30 AM

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-the-fishermen

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/com...97._SY475_.jpg
Old 06-17-2021, 05:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix-B View Post
Tracing the guitar back to the tree sounds interesting,please give us an update after you've finished it.
I'm halfway through "Lost Children Archive: A Novel " by Valeria Luiselli. Much more of a novel than a documentary on immigrants. I'm finding it quite enjoyable.
I just finished the book Bix-B. I thought it was interesting and well-written. The authors traveled around the globe to do there research and the first hand accounts add a lot to the insight, composition and delivery. They spend time looking at the history of the guitar, timelines when certain woods were first used, and ecological impacts. It’s not preachy. It’s a pretty short read at 250 pages sans notes, acknowledgments and index.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic