The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-01-2019, 05:03 PM

Default Gibson J-15 slope dread | sitka / walnut '16 SOLD

Lovely Gibson with classic lines, all North American hardwoods, tasteful appointments, and beautiful walnut back and sides! Stunning thump, growl, and headroom. Comfortable and fast-playing Gibson scale. I've had a lot of guitars through the studio, and I think it's a real stand-out in tone. (Bonus: walnut smells great!) Alas, I have a couple too many guitars, and I want to add a rare 12-fret Gibson J in the future.

Straight acoustic. The undersaddle piezo has been removed and a lovely endpin has been installed...pulling the undersaddle only improved tone and volume.

Saddle upgraded to bone--includes 3 bone saddles of different heights. Plenty of saddle room. Nicely set-up.

Structurally sound. Virtually no fretwear.

Cosmetic condition: Excellent overall, some pick scratches, one notable ding in top (pictured, near pickguard, under strings), some other light dings, at least one ding on the binding. Some indentations on bridge, a few imperfections here and there. Like a lot of nitro-finished guitars, some cloudy spots where your arm/body contacts. You can have the finish buffed if you'd like, but it's very attractive and clean overall.

Please see the big Gallery of PICS: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15x...CvhVr6UzO7VwWi

Please see the big Gallery of PICS: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15x...CvhVr6UzO7VwWi

SOLD elsewhere.

The plastic bridge pins have been replaced with buffalo horn. I can also include the plastic pins that were on it before, but I don't know whether they were original.

Includes both metal and plastic keystone-shaped tuner buttons for the Grover Minis.

Includes wood coverplate and original plastic "2016"-etched truss rod cover, though the plastic cover has a couple cracks near the screw-holes, it works fine.

Includes original hardshell case.

Specs:
Body Style: J-45 round-shoulder
Wood: Sitka spruce top, walnut back & sides
Binding: Mutli-ply top, single-ply back, abalone rosette
Finish: Antique natural cure textured high-gloss
Neck: Maple, 1.725" tusq nut
Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
Bracing: Gibson Scalloped X
Fingerboard: 12" radius walnut with 1/4" mother-of-pearl dot inlay
Scale: 24-3/4"
Bridge: Rectangular walnut
Pickguard: Teardrop tortoise
Tuning Machines: Mini Grovers 14:1
100% American-made, handcrafted in Bozeman, Montana
Includes case

(Crosslisted on Reverb.)

Last edited by tommyld; 10-05-2019 at 04:30 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars