The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-10-2019, 10:49 PM

Default Chicken Fried Martin. (14)

A husband and wife come in for an exam and I asked if they played guitar. The husband says his wife does, and she taught him.
So I give him a pick and tell him that I tradded picks for guitar stories. His wife pipes in, “Oh, does he have a story.”
One day while he was trying to learn a piece, he was having trouble with an “E” chord. He called for his wife to come show him how. At that moment she was up to her elbows in flower breading some Chicken to fry. In her frustration she may have been a little emphatic in her response. Hubby must have responded in kind and then became so frustrated that he slammed the guitar down, breaking the back, irreparably.
“Bad temper back then...dumbest thing I’ve done “
So I ask what kind of guitar was it? And he hangs his head and says...”a Martin”
I exclaimed “You broke a Martin guitar in a temper tantrum!”
Then I thought to lighten up, before I got to check out his temper first hand.
He promised that when he realIzed what he had done he he learned to control his temper. Thus, that night the fried chicken got the best of the Martin.

Last edited by whvick; 10-11-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:29 PM

Reminds me of my experience with Elixir strings.
I kept hearing rave reviews so I finally bought some and my playing just became incredibly messy.
What's going on?
The strings were sliding off my finger tips - just too slippery for me.

Am I the only one to experience this with Elixirs?
I did a google search and found others, the best quote was 'they feel like the person who played before you was eating fried chicken with their hands'.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion