The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-02-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcran View Post
Maybe a stupid question, but how are you supposed to keep your Quesadilla clean if you take it out? Is there an even larger cover to protect that?

The outer layer is 1000 denier water resistant nylon. Most dirt will just wipe off with a damp cloth.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Guidry View Post
The outer layer is 1000 denier water resistant nylon. Most dirt will just wipe off with a damp cloth.
How much are they?
Old 10-02-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
How much are they?

$275 + shipping
Old 10-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
We are using off the shelf straps that have metal clips with nylon web straps. The straps are padded and can be chest clipped too. When you are all strapped in , the case is quite stable.
If you can supply a photo at some point, I would be interested.

Thanks for doing this. I’m glad this hole in the market has been filled again.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
If you can supply a photo at some point, I would be interested.

Thanks for doing this. I’m glad this hole in the market has been filled again.

IMG_0425.jpgIMG_0423.jpgIMG_0428.jpg
Here’s a few pics and one with our pal Maegen wells sporting a custom Caseadillo we made for her
Old 10-03-2019, 05:55 PM

Mine is on the way! I snagged a "Stealth" model that sports black branding on the black case. I'm looking forward to it for hauling my new Arnold D-29 in my new Calton. I don't travel all that much, but maybe I'll start jogging around the block with it.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:16 PM

Beats having to haul it around in one hand...
Old 10-03-2019, 06:52 PM

Man, for a travelling musician this looks very interesting.

For local stuff I use a Godin Tric case. My two favorite things about it are light weight and straps. When you are trying to load in in one trip vs. two or more being able to put it on your back is so much more efficient.

For flying I would rather use my Hiscox case and gate check it, but the Hiscox has no straps. I'm definitely looking into this.

1978 Larrivee L-26 cutaway
1988 Larrivee L-28 cutaway
2006 Larrivee L03-R
2009 Larrivee LV03-R
2016 Irvin SJ cutaway
2020 Irvin SJ cutaway (build thread)
K+K, Dazzo, Schatten/ToneDexter

Notable Journey website
Facebook page

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. - Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 10-03-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffnw View Post
Well Silly...

A very few folks...especially working gigging pro musicians...do it for the backpack straps for ease of carry of the guitar/case, and for another layer of protection from road wear. Mostly it seems to be a "thing" for the OCD "Higher End $$$ Guitar" owner folks, so they can stop worrying about putting a wear mark and/or damage of some type on their expensive Calton, Hoffee, Karura, Hiscox type case as it sits, with guitar inside, in their homes, thus giving them the heebie jeebies...AND/OR...diminishing the re-sale value of the case.

I know about the "OCD reason" from multiple friends and acquaintances who have or had them...all Colorado Case Cover owners...it REALLY WAS a thing for sure...and they told me this is why they bought and used them...as the guitar/case/case cover sat in their houses usually safely tucked away somewhere, under a bed, in a closet...
It seems like the backpack straps would appeal to more than just "a very few folks". I'm not a gigging pro by any means, but I like to play every day, so I take a guitar with me pretty much every time I fly anywhere. I'm not worried about protecting my Hiscox cases from dings, but these bags look great for lugging a guitar through an airport. I think I'll get one if I can confirm my cases will fit.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentKooper View Post
It seems like the backpack straps would appeal to more than just "a very few folks". I'm not a gigging pro by any means, but I like to play every day, so I take a guitar with me pretty much every time I fly anywhere. I'm not worried about protecting my Hiscox cases from dings, but these bags look great for lugging a guitar through an airport. I think I'll get one if I can confirm my cases will fit.
If they don't and you're still interested in backpack style carry see my prior post: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...9&postcount=17
Old 10-04-2019, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Attachment 27726Attachment 27727Attachment 27728
Here’s a few pics and one with our pal Maegen wells sporting a custom Caseadillo we made for her
Here are the two case covers I have, the first made by Colorado and the second by Hoffee.

The first case has nylon straps with cotton should pads. It's simple, works well, and is comfortable to carry.

The second cover has neoprene shoulder straps. It started with clips on the top of the shoulder straps, but I had to remove those. They were digging into my shoulders. The neoprene is stretchy and causes the guitar to bounce a lot when walking. Very uncomfortable.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion