The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-28-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
Just love this...have a soft spot for tunes written about dogs. My roommate is a fairly well-known modern fingerstylist who when I first moved in had an old Australian cattle dog named Skye who was a grumpy old dog but still had his own playful moments here n there...he would light up anytime I cracked open a beer or walked into the kitchen or started messing with the cat.. Anyway he died this time last year and he wrote a tune for him cause he’d always come into the studio when he was practicing. It’s in DADGAD (but for harp guitar) coincidentally, I think you’ll like it. First few times I heard it I teared up pretty bad. If you’re familiar with Tommy Emmanuel or Stephen Bennett, the lady who recorded their major albums recorded this tune, as well as his album..here ya go:

https://youtu.be/kKzIRF0VItk
Hey Dustin! Really pleased you enjoyed this one!! Thank you! Matt's piece is incredible....I can see how it touched you. The recording quality is off the charts! Many thanks,
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 05-28-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
I’ll echo the comments on the guitar sound - really warm and articulate. Great tune and playing too - thanks for sharing
Peter, thanks so much for letting me know you enjoyed this one. Yes, the guitar has done a nice job on several of my tunes.....warm and articulate is correct.....would also add "with sparkle"......as that element seems to be working nicely too. Jeff Bamburg did an amazing build with this one.
Have enjoyed your postings on AGF.....all very nice!
Thank again,
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-

Old 05-28-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWSog View Post
Wonderful, uplifting melody Fred. One of my favorites of yours! And it’s about a friendly old dog which makes me like it even more. I loved it!
Hi Larry!! Thank you so much for catching this new tune.......so pleased it hit the right spot for you! It was fun to compose and bring more single note melody into place.........
I really appreciate your taking a listen.
Best,
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell