The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 PM

Default Help with a song please (tapping part)

Hi,

I've been working on learning rylynn by Andy McKee for about a week and a half now and I think I have a very good handle on the part the leads into the tapping part but am now progressing very slowly. I'm of intermediate skill trying to work to the next level = haven't tried tapping before. I will try to post a clip of me playing up to that point.
Any help is appreciated; thanks in advance!

IG
Old 08-29-2009, 09:06 PM

learn the part separately for left and right hands. pay attention to the timing and the phrasing then put the passage together in groups of 4 or so bars to seamless work on your technique and phrasing.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

Also, be aware of your guitar's action. It's possible that it may not be low enough to achieve optimal tapping tone, forcing you to tap more aggressively that you probably should.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. Does anyone have a sample clip they can post of that part slowed down.
I purchased the tab from Andy McKee's web site but I find portions of the tapping section difficult to follow. I have the first part down VERY well. Thanks!

IG

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write