The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 01-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Default Reaching out for opinions on these compositions

I find these three tunes original, emotional, refreshing, and dare say it will stand the test of time. The funny thing is that they are covers of melodies from nintendo. Before you go knocking, give these a listen. Nintendo went to great lengths to find accomplished composers for the background music of their games, especially their flagship games.

This guitar player is amazing, finds the harmonies, feel, and general vibe on solo guitar.

Would others agree that these have a "classical" quality, which i take to imply they have unique memorable themes, developed and beautiful, tension and resolution, dynamic contrasts, etc.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

There is a lot of great original music in some video games. Much is very pretty.

Probably like the first one the best of what you posted. The music you posted here may be somewhat abstract melody wise for many people, including me in places.

Very nice playing and recorded sound (assume that was done separately from the video part.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 01-02-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
There is a lot of great original music in some video games. Much is very pretty.

Probably like the first one the best of what you posted. The music you posted here may be somewhat abstract melody wise for many people, including me in places.

Very nice playing and recorded sound (assume that was done separately from the video part.
First was my favorite too, trying to separate the nostalgic effects of them all and judging them as stand alone instrumentals. Thanks for the feedback. Did you hear a Japanese folk influence in them?
Old 01-02-2019, 08:16 PM

Many, or most of the Zelda compositions are the work of Nintendos Kojo Kondo. I have long admired his talent. Your playing is wonderful. I'm working at replicating piano pieces of his myself.
I'd like to hear you do Gerudo Valley from The Ocarina of Time, I'll bet you can tear that up. Well done.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2001 View Post
Many, or most of the Zelda compositions are the work of Nintendos Kojo Kondo. I have long admired his talent. Your playing is wonderful. I'm working at replicating piano pieces of his myself.
I'd like to hear you do Gerudo Valley from The Ocarina of Time, I'll bet you can tear that up. Well done.
These are not my videos but the works of another. I cannot play nearly that well!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN