The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earwitness View Post
…BTW, Tomlin does have a writing credit on that song, but so does Ed Cash, who, if you never heard of him, has a credit on almost everything ever made in contemporary Christian music. A bit of an exaggeration…
HI Ew

We've been part of the Contemporary Worship Movement since 1972, and I've met and enjoyed spending time with so many writers and players since then (and consider it an honor).

Most are just average people and they love to show you new stuff and things they just discovered.

I think you are right in thinking that Tomlin would probably just say "Let's play How Great is Our God, we'll do it in C, and back off on the bridge."

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 04-12-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
HI Ew

We've been part of the Contemporary Worship Movement since 1972, and I've met and enjoyed spending time with so many writers and players since then (and consider it an honor).

Most are just average people and they love to show you new stuff and things they just discovered.

I think you are right in thinking that Tomlin would probably just say "Let's play How Great is Our God, we'll do it in C, and back off on the bridge."

Think how many people over the years have shared voices with you in your praise music, and how much they must appreciate that. We appreciate your input into the guitar discussions here.
1976 Ovation 1613-4 nylon--spruce top
1963 Guild Mark II nylon--spruce top

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write