The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-22-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Just checked out Phil Kessel's stats with Arizona. He's a -18 and the next worst on the team is -5 ... that excludes Taylor Hall's -12 since he just came over from NJ. How does someone end up -18 on a team in 1st place in a division and 3rd place in a conference? I haven't seen any Arizona games so I haven't seen first hand how's Phil's playing.
Phil's a unique talent.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-22-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Phil's a unique talent.
LOL, you got that right, Cat.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:38 AM

The NHL is back after the Christmas break!!!

My Pens beat the Preds in Nashville 5-2. Preds goalie Pekka Rinne was pulled about 12 minutes into the first period after giving up 3 goals on 6 shots! Seemed like Pekka wasn't quite ready to quit celebrating the holidays.

Pens and Preds play tonight in Pittsburgh in their second game of the back2back series. I wonder if Rinne will get the nod in goal for a second chance??

Currently 5 of the top 10 teams in the league are in the Metropolitan division. Teams in the Metro are collecting points like Imelda Marcos collected shoes.

Go Pens!!

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-28-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:

My Pens beat the Preds in Nashville 5-2. Preds goalie Pekka Rinne was pulled about 12 minutes into the first period after giving up 3 goals on 6 shots! Seemed like Pekka wasn't quite ready to quit celebrating the holidays.

Pens and Preds play tonight in Pittsburgh in their second game of the back2back series. I wonder if Rinne will get the nod in goal for a second chance??

Currently 5 of the top 10 teams in the league are in the Metropolitan division. Teams in the Metro are collecting points like Imelda Marcos collected shoes.

Go Pens!!
I missed it but was tracking the updates on the Pens app. I didn't realize it was a back to back. I would love to see an actual game in person but even the cheap tickets are a bit pricey.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Go Pens!!
That's a lot of points, Cat!

Bruins won and Marchand with 3 more points. Nice to see Bergeron back recently after missing lots of games. He's got 2 goals in each of the past 3 games.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
That's a lot of points, Cat!

Bruins won and Marchand with 3 more points. Nice to see Bergeron back recently after missing lots of games. He's got 2 goals in each of the past 3 games.
Bruins are so good they should be in the Metro! :-)

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-29-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Bruins are so good they should be in the Metro! :-)
Maple Leafs would like that a lot come playoff time.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:52 PM

All Star Players announced ... I can't believe Brad Marchand didn't make the cut. He's the 3rd leading NHL scorer, 1st leading scorer 5 on 5, one of the leading plus/minus players, etc. I am biased but even so it's a big snub.

On the positive he gets to rest. Perhaps I'll see him at the Halifax airport.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:57 PM

Default yup

GAhhh! The Red Wings are pathetic. Lowest goals for, most given up, lowest wins, GAHHHHH!
Old 12-31-2019, 09:35 AM

The Penguins’ Jake Guentzel was named to the all star game and scored his 20th goal of the season and 200th point if his career last night. Unfortunately in doing so he tripped over the goalie’s stock at speed and went into the boards HARD.

His status is still unknown but given the angle of impact he probably injured his shoulder (clavicle.) He was able to get up under his own power relatively quickly so I’m hopeful there’s no concussion but still he could be out long term.
On the bright side Crosby has been skating (core muscle injury) and should be back on the roster soon. Malkin had a great game last night with 2 goals. And Kris LeTang was named as last man in to the All Star Game.

Hockey is a brutal sport - but it’s so much more fun to watch than football has been as of late.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
The Penguins’ Jake Guentzel was named to the all star game and scored his 20th goal of the season and 200th point if his career last night. Unfortunately in doing so he tripped over the goalie’s stock at speed and went into the boards HARD.

His status is still unknown but given the angle of impact he probably injured his shoulder (clavicle.) He was able to get up under his own power relatively quickly so I’m hopeful there’s no concussion but still he could be out long term.
On the bright side Crosby has been skating (core muscle injury) and should be back on the roster soon. Malkin had a great game last night with 2 goals. And Kris LeTang was named as last man in to the All Star Game.

Hockey is a brutal sport - but it’s so much more fun to watch than football has been as of late.
Neil: Well, as might be expected in what has become the season of the injured Penguin, Jake Guentzel had "emergency" shoulder surgery last night. He's expected to be out 4 to 6 months, so I guess it's possible he might return for the second round of the playoffs if the Pens manage to get that far. Ugh!! Don't know if the Pens can continue to win games as they have without Sid and now without Jake too

Dru: On a positive note: Maybe Marchand will be selected to take Guentzel's spot on the All-Star Team. How Marchand didn't get selected is incomprehensible to me.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-31-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
GAhhh! The Red Wings are pathetic. Lowest goals for, most given up, lowest wins, GAHHHHH!
Not sure how to make a positive out of that, JPD. We could talk about the NFL and the Lions ... never mind .

Is there another team you root for on a secondary level?

Quote:
Neil: Well, as might be expected in what has become the season of the injured Penguin, Jake Guentzel had "emergency" shoulder surgery last night. He's expected to be out 4 to 6 months, so I guess it's possible he might return for the second round of the playoffs if the Pens manage to get that far. Ugh!! Don't know if the Pens can continue to win games as they have without Sid and now without Jake too

Dru: On a positive note: Maybe Marchand will be selected to take Guentzel's spot on the All-Star Team. How Marchand didn't get selected is incomprehensible to me.
Excellent! I hadn't thought of that. Guentzel's unfortunate news is another big loss to the Pens.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post

Guentzel could be out the remainder of the season. They need to hold onto Galchenyuk, figure out a way to jump-start his game, whilst relying on some guys from Wilkes-Barre, as Rutherford figures out some sort of trade they can afford, cap-wise, but that will also not cost them prospects, or picks. My Flames did a bit of the same, moving Frolik to the Sabres for a 4th. The Pens are a well-managed organization. They'll figure it out.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 01-04-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Guentzel could be out the remainder of the season. They need to hold onto Galchenyuk, figure out a way to jump-start his game, whilst relying on some guys from Wilkes-Barre, as Rutherford figures out some sort of trade they can afford, cap-wise, but that will also not cost them prospects, or picks. My Flames did a bit of the same, moving Frolik to the Sabres for a 4th. The Pens are a well-managed organization. They'll figure it out.
The Pens have been trying to find a way to do that for half a season already with a marked lack of success. Not sure Galchenyuk's game meshes very well with how Mike Sullivan wants his team to play. I sure hope it happens, but I'm not optimistic. As for needing to hold on to him, that should be easy as it would probably be hard to move him to another team for a decent return given his $5M salary and his lack of production.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-04-2020, 01:22 PM

Marc-Andre Fleury has decided to pass on the All Star game this year. .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic