The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-05-2018, 07:53 AM

mic the amp??
Old 06-06-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
mic the amp??

The issue isn’t getting sound to the house system. It’s controlling the volume.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:54 AM

I just want to point out here that my Elite Acoustics D6-8 has two XLR outs which can be switched either mono or stereo, and have not only their own volume control which is completely independent from the local speaker volume, but their own EQ. This is in addition to the ability to do two monitor feeds.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Hi Louis, it can handle mic level Di signal, but my comment was in response to this:

Tell him to turn the volume control down on the house system, of course!

I explained that I need to be able to control 6 power amps with approx 30 6.5" speakers spread over 100 yards to places I can't see or hear even hear. There is no soundman, it's, I set the volumes for 6 power amps and I need to be able to turn down or up from where I am. Which will in turn control the volume for the 6 power amps and 30 6.5" speakers.

Basically what i need is an inline vol control between the Fishman Artist's Mix XLR out and the house 1/4" input.

The need to do more work on their end. That's set up so poorly.
I play a place that has a bunch of zones that they can control via an ipad. You shouldn't have to be responsible for all of this...
Old 06-10-2018, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
The need to do more work on their end. That's set up so poorly.
I play a place that has a bunch of zones that they can control via an ipad. You shouldn't have to be responsible for all of this...
Ok maybe I shouldn't, but I am... I am their house musician, I am well taken care of, and trying to do my best in providing good entertainment.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

Last edited by jricc; 06-10-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Ok maybe I shouldn't, but I am... I am their house musician, I am well taken care of, and trying to do my best in providing good entertainment.
I totally get it.

I play a two Friday per month happy hour residency at a place right next to the front door of the restaurant. It's cold in Buffalo in the winter!

They treat me so well and I get a ton of work out of that room, so I don't complain. Weddings, corporate gigs, private gigs, and they add me on to some of their catering events.

If they treat you well, snag a small format mixer on the cheap and be done with it! No sense in being penny wise and pound foolish.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
Maybe use a small mixer in between. Might that work in this scenario?
So I finally put this to use. I ran my guitar and vocal into the Fishman Artist (my monitor) took an XLR out of the amp and into a small Behringer mixer. Took a line out of the mixer's "Control Room Out" and went to the house. I was able to control volume from the mixer and it worked perfectly. Thanks to The Kid, lschwart and everyone else who chimed in to help.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification