The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-31-2018, 06:24 PM

Default Need help identifying a guitar and its value

I have been helping a local music store sell their instruments online on sites like Reverb and eBay. This has earned me my first paychecks ever at the age of 29 - I've never been able to work due to chronic illness. Although I'm a musician myself, the fact that I've never had much money means that I play the instruments available to me. I've been playing a Strat for 15 years and am not too familiar with many other guitars. When I'm given a guitar to sell online, the owner gives me some basic info and I can figure out the rest via the web. This time though, I was given a different task...

This store also sells instruments on consignment from customers. The customer didn't know anything about this particular guitar, so I was asked to see what I could figure out online.

https://imgur.com/a/3DZGf

When I Google "Mosrite 'combo 6'" I find a couple of results like this Reverb listing but I don't have much to go by. I'm trying to find general information on this model of guitar, figure out if these are all the original parts, and come up with an estimate of the guitar's value. There are a couple surface dings which you can see in the last couple of images.

Do you have any advice?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkmaster View Post
I have been helping a local music store sell their instruments online on sites like Reverb and eBay. This has earned me my first paychecks ever at the age of 29 - I've never been able to work due to chronic illness. Although I'm a musician myself, the fact that I've never had much money means that I play the instruments available to me. I've been playing a Strat for 15 years and am not too familiar with many other guitars. When I'm given a guitar to sell online, the owner gives me some basic info and I can figure out the rest via the web. This time though, I was given a different task...

This store also sells instruments on consignment from customers. The customer didn't know anything about this particular guitar, so I was asked to see what I could figure out online.

https://imgur.com/a/3DZGf

When I Google "Mosrite 'combo 6'" I find a couple of results like this Reverb listing but I don't have much to go by. I'm trying to find general information on this model of guitar, figure out if these are all the original parts, and come up with an estimate of the guitar's value. There are a couple surface dings which you can see in the last couple of images.

Do you have any advice?

The company still exists so best thing to do is to email them. If this is a true vintage USA model, then you might have a very valuable guitar there.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:27 PM

The company died many years ago. A female family member, a woman, has brought it back to life.

The Ramones played Moserite guitars exclusively. The Ventures started with Fenders and switched to Moserites.

Call Artie at Front Porch Music in Bakersfield. He has about 50 Moserites in his shop. They were originally built here in Bakersfield, about a mile from Artie’s shop.

Closed until Tuesday.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:42 PM
Charter Member

Hey Honkmaster,

Looks like a 1967 Combo hollowbody. Original. It has some condition issues, but tough to assess without better picks. There are people who value these highly. Again, condition plays a part. Try looking for “Mosrite Combo” and you might see a few like yours. They are not commonly found. But I’m guessing you’ll find some for sale.

Mark
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Tags
combo, mosrite