The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-19-2020, 05:21 PM

Default A week with the same guitar.....

Motorhome trip.... And oldest spawn is with us so the "closet" (bunkroom) is not available for the usual 3 or 4 guitars. One guitar was it. Did have enough room so I didn't have to bring the OF-660 and brought the Rainsong (see sig line for model)

And, plenty of time to play it too.... I am REALLY starting to like this guitar. A whole week in a camper, cold weather, hot weather, A/C on..... A/C off. Inside, outside. I just realized I haven't tuned it in days......

Carry on.....
000-Nylon, All Mahogany custom, 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....
And a Kobza, Bouzouki, Hurdy Gurdy and something medieval looking.....
www.woodenshoe.blog
Old 01-19-2020, 06:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
Motorhome trip.... And oldest spawn is with us so the "closet" (bunkroom) is not available for the usual 3 or 4 guitars. One guitar was it. Did have enough room so I didn't have to bring the OF-660 and brought the Rainsong (see sig line for model)

And, plenty of time to play it too.... I am REALLY starting to like this guitar. A whole week in a camper, cold weather, hot weather, A/C on..... A/C off. Inside, outside. I just realized I haven't tuned it in days......

Carry on.....
That’s what the rainsong is for, and so much more!
Nice to have that peace of mind on the road.

I already have the rainsong, just waiting for the RV. Still have a couple of years until the rugrat is old enough to enjoy it.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 01-19-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
just waiting for the RV. Still have a couple of years until the rugrat is old enough to enjoy it.
I've owned a truck camper, travel trailer, fifth wheel (45') a gasser class A and a diesel pusher. If you ever want to ask questions just message me.
000-Nylon, All Mahogany custom, 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....
And a Kobza, Bouzouki, Hurdy Gurdy and something medieval looking.....
www.woodenshoe.blog
Old 01-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Charter Member

We are generally out for 2 to 4 months (sometimes longer) when we take off in the motorhome. In the past, it has always been one guitar along, unless I happen to get another one while we're out. This time, it will be 3: two Emeralds and a Yamaha bass. I'll be getting together with my friend and music partner this trip... some playing and recording. I traveled with wood for decades (boat and RV) before discovering the advantages of CF. No issues when we go from the humid Gulf Coast to the dry desert Southwest. Easy.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
I've owned a truck camper, travel trailer, fifth wheel (45') a gasser class A and a diesel pusher. If you ever want to ask questions just message me.
Thank You!!!

Have some time to research all the features we would like as well as what size and type of RV would fit our needs, but the main concern would be reliability. We want to make sure we get from point A to Point Z, and all points in between, without any mechanical issues.

Still, it’s nice to know we have our road worthy six strings ready to go
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 01-22-2020, 01:53 PM

We have a motorhome too. I always only take 1 guitar. I have only a couple guitars that have the travel designation, and that works for me. I usually take along a mountain dulcimer too, so I get a choice on what instrument I feel like playing.
Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!
Love my mountain dulcimers too! (7 Mountain Dulcimers)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber