The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-19-2018, 09:59 PM
Charter Member

Default 1998 Breedlove Deschutes - $2950

I'm selling my Breedlove "Deschutes" 6 string acoustic guitar (concert size). It was created in late December 1998 (Steve Henderson was the head luthier at that time and his instruments are gems) this is a customized Deschutes model, with a Sitka Spruce top, figured mahogany back and sides, mahogany neck (with Larry Breedlove fish inlay (trout?) on the fretboard), 1 3/4" nut width, striped ebony rosette, ivoroid binding with herringbone purfling, and the case, which appears to be original.

It has one ding (visible in the pictures on one side toward the bottom) that was there when I acquired the guitar. Visibly a gorgeous guitar with a wonderful nicely aged mellow tone. Plays very smoothly. I contacted Breedlove to ask what it would cost to build this guitar today and they estimated $4,400! (and that would be with a generic inlay on the fretboard)

Since I've had the guitar, I had a local luthier remove the under saddle LR Baggs pickup and install a K&K Power Duo system (controls under the upper side of the sound hole). In the last month I had the same local luthier adjust the string height, check the entire guitar for any problems (none other than the previously mentioned ding), and he indicated that the frets are in excellent condition. If you'd like additional images let me know!

Asking $2950 which includes shipping within the United States

here is my Reverb link - https://rvrb.io/1998-deschutes-i6anfl

Last edited by guitarwebguy; 10-19-2018 at 10:02 PM. Reason: forgot info

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars