The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 09-09-2018, 06:46 AM

Default Order - Strings for Tenor Guitar-where?

I have been searching on Lazada and Amazon for strings with no luck. I want to string my Yamaha CS 40 classical guitar up with standard tenor guitar strings, or strings that will work that will not increase normal tension on the guitar. I need strings that will fit a 23 inch scale. Nylon strings. The CS40 guitar has a 22 3/4 inch scale.

I am doing this because I want to see if I can learn and like the chord shapes for a Tenor Guitar that is tuned in 5ths. Maybe then I will buy a Tenor Guitar or decide to forget it if I cannot play the chords required in 5th tuning or if I dis like them. So far all I know about tenor guitar is that they sound great.

I live in Thailand and I have yet to find a music store that carries tenor guitars. In fact I have yet to find a store clerk that knows what a tenor guitar is. It would be nice to be able to just sit down and try one out.

All opinions and recommendations will be appreciated.

Almanza 401 Mate
Classical

Ventura 12 string V17, now
a 6 string Lap Guitar.

Kala Baritone Ukulele

Melokia, Solid Acacia Tenor Ukulele

Yamaha Guitalele GL1

Yamaha CS40 Classical
Old 09-09-2018, 12:30 PM

Contact Strings by Mail they are very knowledge, tell them exactly want you have and what you want to do with it. They have a huge selection of strings for everything. I live in Canada and order most of my strings from on line sourses. Just put together an order of 4 - 6 different string sets that you need to make it worth your while.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments