The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Default PRE-WAR GUITAR CO BRAZZZILIAN!!

Folks to be blunt...I just got tired of fooling with this....I took it to Carter Vintage today. I really dreaded shipping a guitar this expensive. Give them a call....it won't last long!!!!

Folks, I thought I had a trade plus cash but after a week it feel thru...Not looking for any trades but if you have something good preferably with $$$ coming my way...I "might" consider it.
AMP: TONEKING IMPERIAL MKII would get my attention. Also maybe a "mint" D-42...newer one...Just always wanted one....??...ya never know..

$8500...PLUS $100 SHIPPIG..Folks...here it is...the ULTIMATE bluegrass canon. Pre War Guitar Co. Brazilian Dred with shad top. 1.5 relic. Not sure how long it'll take you to get one like this NEW...I few months ago folks were saying 2 year wait...I do not know if this is true...BUT...you could be strumming this guitar by Monday!!!!This guitar is loud yet sweet. It's an amazing guitar. Only reason I'm selling is due to the obsession I have with vintage instruments. I've found me a D-28 but need to sell this. If you live in California...you'll pay full insured shipping in a separate transaction before I ship. If interested...just make a post saying you are and I'll deal on a first come first serve basis. This guitar is AMAZING!!...(Comes with the Harptone case)

I did find out this was built for "some" dealer. Says it has "custom narrow neck". and likely 1 & 11/16...and that's what I think it is. The neck reminds me of a Martin 41 D-28 Authentic. It does not get big as it gets near the guitar. it's NOT 1 & 3/4.
the 'modern' neck is supposed to modeled after a wartime era neck, but it does have 2 3/16" spacing at the bridge.

Note from pff (previous owner)
...that I have played. i was the original owner. i have owned 3 HD's, two D's, two J's and a Brazilian AJ. that brazilian is premium brazilian as well which is at least a $1500-2000 upgrade. the standard stuff isn't nearly as nice IMO. anyone looking for one of these should look no further. the nut should be 1 23/32" and the neck is nice and full but has a modern taper, meaning it doesn't get baseball bat thick up the neck. it's not skinny at all. great neck that really should work well for anyone who likes a 1 3/4" or 1 11/16".

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqVGoXkC5JE&t=4s

Last edited by $ongWriter; 09-03-2020 at 06:28 PM. Reason: ADD PHOTOS
Old 08-18-2020, 10:18 AM

"and likely 1 & 11/16...and that's what I think it is."

The previous owner stated it's 1 23/32 in the above quote. It's also hard to decipher, but the spec sheet shows 2.2 which I'm gathering it the actual bridge spacing... it so, it sounds like they basically asked for an in-between spec ala Bourgeois. It certainly is visibly wider than your '48. IMO this is a really great setup if you flatpick.

Last edited by brandall10; 08-18-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

I wish I could swing this. One day I'll have one. Will you take payments for the next 4 years? GLWS!
Old 08-18-2020, 01:34 PM

I wonder if I can tack this on to my kids student loans???
Old 08-18-2020, 01:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandall10 View Post
the spec sheet shows 2.2 which I'm gathering it the actual bridge spacing....
No, that’s the high e action: 2.2 / 32nds. So 4.4 / 64ths... a touch over 1/16.”

Kind of ridiculous to be that precise, but whatever.

I’m surprised to see this didn’t sell last time, and I’m guessing it is because most people want the standard 1 3/4 nut, 2 5/16” spacing vintage style neck.

GLWS

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 08-19-2020, 07:15 PM
Charter Member

Default bump

Bump to the top for the biggest baddest bluegrass cannon on this forum...folks...this guitar is amazing...the ONLY reason I'm selling it...is because I got a 48' D-28....and...I'm going to see Molly Tuttle this Sat night....so...after that...I may decide to keep this guitar too...get it NOW!!!!!
Old 08-21-2020, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Default bump..

Here's a Friday bump for a Bluegrass beast....I've got some interesting trades that may work....and I've got one person I think willing to maybe purchased the guitar..will know in a day or two....get it now and put an end to all of this....nothing in concrete yet....the smarter thing for me to do is just sell...but trades are so much fun!!!!!
Old 08-21-2020, 09:55 AM

Default Yes

Please put an end to this, ya killin me Small's. If I hadn't have bought my PW*D a month ago, well you know. What a great guitar. Someone buy this so I can quit trying to figure out how to. GLWS!
Pics Of My Guitar Herd
'03 Martin 000-JBP (#64 of 305)
'06 Martin OM-28V
'90 Martin D35 Shadetop (Genuinely Aged)
'19 Martin 00-18V Ambertone (Custom Order)
'11 Taylor T5 Koa Deluxe
Awaiting - PWGC Single 0 Brazilian Shadetop

Live life loud, so when the silence falls, everyone will know that you are gone.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:29 PM
Charter Member

Default gone

Gone to Carter Vintage!!!!
Old 09-04-2020, 02:59 PM
Charter Member

Default sold

Well...like I said...this guitar didn't last 24 hours!!!...it sold this morning!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars