The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Default Searching

I am searching for a good hardshell case (4 or 5 hasps) to fit a Taylor 514 or a Martin GPCPA1. Seems like this size is a bit of a problem.
The guitar measures as follows:
Lower Bout 16"
Upper Bout 11 1/2"
Waist 9 5/8"
Body 19 3/4"
Overall Length 41"
Neck to Body 20 1/2"
The Depth at the Bottom of the Lower Bout 4 1/2"
The Depth at the Top of the Upper Bout is 4"
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I've been looking at the Gator GPE Dread but it would be a sloppy fit.
Thanks for any help...
www.musicsloth.com
[email protected]
Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

Hi DS,

I don't know if Elderly Instruments will ship to Mexico, but that is where I bought a very nice Canadian case for an old Gibson my wife owns. You could give them a call with your dimensions and see what they can find for you. http://www.elderly.com/ (517) 372-7890...

Regards, Glenn
Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Default Case Dilemma

Thanks for the input... I don't need the case to be shipped to Mexico. I have a U.S. address for that purpose. The big trick is to find something that will actually fit the guitar. So far, Moze Guitars in San Diego where I bought the Martin GPCPA1 had brought in a nice case that was too small and then one that was too big... They're trying to help me but if I can source one and get them to order it for me, I'll go that route. I try to support the small guitar shop when I can. The trick is to find one that fits properly and isn't a cheapie!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
hardshellcase, martingpcpa1, searching, taylor514