The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-18-2018, 06:34 PM

Default mislabeled guitar center nice deal RP1-626 or RP2-626

Saw this listed as a RP-06. Its either a RP-1-626c or RP2-626c
I have a RP2-626C (well my oldest son has it) and all the appointments look spot on. Great guitar, $375 is not unheard of , they dont pop up too often like this with a hardcase.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Re...stic-Guitar.gc

hope i didnt put this in the wrong forum. I was merely exploiting the errors that often benefit the informed customer if someone needs a reason.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:50 PM
Charter Member

Can you tell me what the neck is like?
Old 09-18-2018, 07:35 PM

If this really is a RP1-626C, they have a V profile neck. A very well crafted guitar designed by Eric Schoenberg. I wouldn't think a RP-06 would sell at that price used.
E20 OM-SB Eastman
Old 09-19-2018, 02:15 AM

I have the "2" and paid $400 with pickup used. I absolutely love this guitar.
Good thing about GC - you buy it, they ship to your door. You don't like it, drop it off at a GC. FULL refund - not even a shipping charge. I think they give you 45 days to try it.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:36 AM

I think this one could be the Recording King RP1-16c, which has a torrefied spruce top and laminated mahogany back/sides.
With a nice case, this is still a pretty good deal, and not much of a risk when factoring in the GC return policy.
And I agree that the RP2-626 and RP1-626 by Recording King are super guitars.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kde1974 View Post
I think this one could be the Recording King RP1-16c, which has a torrefied spruce top and laminated mahogany back/sides.
With a nice case, this is still a pretty good deal, and not much of a risk when factoring in the GC return policy.
And I agree that the RP2-626 and RP1-626 by Recording King are super guitars.
that more likely, was not familir with that model. Tried to call yesterday but was put on hold for way too long, the best way to tell would be ebony Fretboard/bridge and grover tuners. those were the ?'s i was going to ask. I see them mislabel them often and have picked up a couple mistaken beauties (OM-28 they thought was a 000-28, 0-16NY was labeled as "0-16c"
Old 09-19-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kde1974 View Post
I own an RP1-16c and you are correct that that is the model shown. I paid that amount for mine shipped/reverbed w/nice case. While designed by Schoenberg, it's not one of the "better" ones (626 w/wood back/sides). It's an "0" and sounds small, plus it's coated in polyurethane, not nitro like the 626s, so it's likely more muffled than the 626 series. Apart from the bridge-lifting for which all RKs are infamous (due to too-small glue footprint and full-scale tension), it's well made and attractive. While the fretboard is dark, I think it's not likely to be ebony, but rather dyed Paduak (wood name is from RK's own site for this model).

I wanted a small body guitar but with a nice V neck, 1 3/4 nut, and 2 5/16 bridge string spacing, and this one has those specs (RK calls it a "thin V"), BUT the nut is closer to 1 13/16, while the bridge spacing is right between 2 1/4 and 2 5/16. Not a deal breaker for me, just fyi. Tall saddle, good fretwork (no buzzing with low action), everything works, it sounds "ok" - and I don't care about bumping it about (hard to hurt poly), so I love mine, though I'm learning that, for me, the nut and bridge spacing are a bit wide - I think I'm a 1 11/16 and 2 1/4 guy. I like the V neck, though. If I were to thin the herd, this is one I'd look at first, for those reasons only. Very good guitar at a reasonable price.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion