The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-07-2018, 08:13 AM

I go with the stompbox/floor tuner solution for stage tuning. A floor tuner allows me to mute the signal which is a must-have feature for me. But note that not all stomp-tuners are equal. I love the Turbo Tuner ST-300 Mini. Mindblowing accuracy (±.02 cents... and I thought the Peterson was precise at ±.1 cents!) and ease of use. I couldn't be more pleased. I sold off my trusty Peterson StroboStomp, which has been surpassed IMO by the TurboTuner series... the TT grabs the note amazingly fast, and I find the display easier to read. And the TT Mini is maybe ¼ of the size of the StroboStomp. There are memory slots for custom tunings and such.

(Note that the Turbo Tuner ST-300 Mini has replaced the ST-200. The ST-300 Mini requires AC power because it's too small for a battery. If you need the battery option and don't mind a bit larger size pedal, there is the regular, non-Mini ST-300.)

Offstage, I use the UltraTuner iPhone app from IK Multimedia.

Last edited by Uncle Pauhana; 09-09-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

I appreciate all the great suggestions - I’lll be looking into all of these as possibilities— thanks!
Custom Emerald X20-12 guitar
Old 09-07-2018, 12:37 PM

+1 on turbo tuners. I have three st-200, st-300, and the st128a.
Guild GAD25
Yamaha FG413S / FG200 / FG800
Old 09-09-2018, 10:48 AM

I use a Peterson Stomp Classic on my larger Electric guitar board - but I have a small board that I use the TC mini - both work fine for me - for acoustic I use either the TC mini or a Korg Pitchblack (I like being able to power the chorus pedal with the Pitchblack). The overwhelming reason I use a pedal board tuner for my acoustic is the ability to mute the guitar for tuning - headstock tuners are ok for practice at home, but when I play out, I don't like to share my tuning efforts.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification