The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-25-2017, 12:16 PM

Default Running sound hold pickup out of the sound hole

I'm sure many of you have had the predicament of not wanting to "properly" install a sound hole pickup via the end pin for some reason.

Have you had any luck using a Baggs sound hold pick up and running the cable out of the sound hole and plugging the quarter inch into a stage DI? I have the special cable that connects the pickup on one side and quarter inch on the other side.

It's not the most elegant installation but will using that special cable noticeably degrade sound quality?

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 10-28-2017, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer tunes View Post
I'm sure many of you have had the predicament of not wanting to "properly" install a sound hole pickup via the end pin for some reason.

Have you had any luck using a Baggs sound hold pick up and running the cable out of the sound hole and plugging the quarter inch into a stage DI? I have the special cable that connects the pickup on one side and quarter inch on the other side.

It's not the most elegant installation but will using that special cable noticeably degrade sound quality?

Thanks for your feedback!
No, it won't degrade the quality. That is what the cable is designed to do....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification