The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-29-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Acetone, sand (lightly with 150-grit), and acetone your previous non-invasive installation residues away from your bridgeplate before trying again. My take: Superglue is likely the best method but the Amulets have to be in satisfactory *positions the first time and who'll be the first brave soul to do so?

*I've come to believe that the Amulet "lens" design may be much more restrictive for placement than the broader-area sensing design of K&K transducers. This makes finding the correct bridegplate positions a bit more difficult for Trance Amulet lenses than just putting the K&K disks on the bridgeplate per K&K instructions. The payoff would likely be that Trance Amulets installed with a best-possible adhesive method of attachment will yield more natural acoustic-guitar amplified tone than most other systems.
It's too bad there's no way to hold the transducers against the top and move them around while hitting the strings to see how the tone changes. Obviously this is not possible at all but it would make experimentation a bit easier. I could clean the surface and use the jig again, but I worry that the tone will be very close to what I have now. I will give Gary a call and see what he thinks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification