The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-09-2003, 08:16 AM

Default Went to TaylorFest 2003 last night!

Well, it seemed like it anyway. I went to the Caedmon's Call / Jars of Clay concert. This is part of Jars' "Acoustic Tour". I have to admit that I feel like an absolute Taylor dweeb now. While most people were really getting into the music, I was trying to identify models, woods, inlays, pickup systems, etc. Luckily, I was able to pull out and enjoy the show. Those boys can play!

By the way, for those who are into contemporary Christian music, there was an opening act - GlassByrd. You may recognize the name Marc Byrd. He's the guy who wrote much of the City on the Hill stuff, including "God of Wonders". He and his wife perform some amazing music. You can check them out at www.glassbyrd.net. (I'm listening to their CD right now - really good stuff!)

--jam
Old 04-12-2003, 08:24 PM

I too saw the three groups on april 4th. When the guitar guy came out with the Jars models, I was almost drooling. The inlays are really beautiful. Jars of Clay used them the entire time except Steve used his mandolin. I did notice that Steve's guitars had a pick guard and matt's didn't. Good stuff I say

Yea, glassbyrd was pretty awesome too
Old 04-12-2003, 11:06 PM

I'm just plain jealous !! plbth!!!
2002 Larrivee LV72KK
2002 Taylor 615ce
2002 Fender Eric Clapton Blackie
2012 Gibson Hummingbird
[email protected]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification