The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-19-2018, 05:45 PM

I agree about the J45. However, I played a Gibson Hummingbird this week for the first time ever. I was always a bit put off by those squared shoulders. But this short scale dread type guitar seems as if it could excel at just about everything one might throw at it, from nuanced fingerstyle to rock acoustic, to even bluegrass lead breaks. It was very playable with the short scale, 1.72 inch nut width, and a very agreeable setup. Oh, if only the budget could tolerate another Gibson...
Old 05-19-2018, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswilson89 View Post
How come you parted with the J-45 Vintage? There's one available at a great price that has a piqued my interest.
I sold it because I bought a mint/used Goodall TRD, and something had to give. Since I had 3 Adi topped guitars at that point, and my wife prefers the strumming tone of the 1960s style Sitka topped J-45 I play at church, selling the Vintage made the most sense.

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 05-20-2018, 08:08 AM

Try a J-45 Rosewood.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:33 AM

For some reason the Southern Jumbo I played, then bought, sounded a little brighter than the J45 in the store. I use it when I'm learning flatpicking (badly) and the guitar sounds great.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion