The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM

Default Two different saddles with Breedlove crossover

I was lucky enough to get a great deal on a Breedlove Atlas Studio N250/CR in mint (joke: near mint? quasi mint?) condition about 6 weeks ago.

It came with two saddles. The saddle currently installed has extra compensation for the low E, A & D strings. The other saddle looks more like what you typically see.

I can't find any info on the Breedlove site about this extra saddle. I'm new to nylon (loving this Breedlove). Is this saddle option related to tension? ...string material? ... other?

thanks, j
Seagull
Old 03-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Charter Member

I'm in the same boat. Bought a new Passport N250 a month ago and wondered the same thing.

Two weeks ago I also bought a Masterclass Bossa Nova (same thing, but high-end, American made). But I bought it second-hand (MINT! LOL...) and there was no extra saddle.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 PM

I'll have an answer from Breedlove soon. Got an email today that they've forwarded my inquiry to someone for a response.

j
Seagull
Old 03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack View Post
I'll have an answer from Breedlove soon. Got an email today that they've forwarded my inquiry to someone for a response.

j

Yeah... about that...

I sent a question to them several weeks ago and got a very fast response from a female. Can't remember... think she might have been a secretary or something. I've never heard back from the shop on my question. (The width of the saddle in my Passport.) That was when I was looking into replacing it with the Element system. Now I don't even care because I'm thinking that I'll be going with the Anthem nylon SL system.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Charter Member

Oops... double post

Last edited by Red_Label; 03-09-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: double post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:50 AM

I recently bought a Breedlove and had problems with string buzz. When I took the guitar into get it set up, the tech said the other saddle was slightly taller. He installed it adjusted the neck and now it plays fantastic. I love the sound and feel of this guitar.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdh1965 View Post
I recently bought a Breedlove and had problems with string buzz. When I took the guitar into get it set up, the tech said the other saddle was slightly taller. He installed it adjusted the neck and now it plays fantastic. I love the sound and feel of this guitar.

Nice!

I've bought three Breedloves in the past several months and am very happy with them. Done quite a bit of recording with both the nylon strings and the steel string.

http://soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical