The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 AM

Default Hello from Emerald guitars

Ive been pretty busy recently and havent had much time to jump in here and contribute to this great new forum but I find myself in hospital for a few days so im using my forced time away from work to say hello here and check up on whats going on.
We have alot going on at Emerald guitars this year with 3 new models coming through final development and some very exciting custom projects including something really special with one of the worlds greatest guitarists but I cant say anything about that just yet.
Ive been building carbon guitars since 1998 and its been a long road but very rewarding and it really feels like our art is starting to gain serious widespread appeal. Carbon guitars are here to stay and with the other great builders our future looks really bright. Its exciting times and 2012 is set to be the most exciting yet.
I hope to get more involved on here so if anyone has any questions for me then just fire away.
Alistair
Old 02-13-2012, 10:55 AM

You have some very nice looking guitars there Alistair. The X-10 caught my eye right off the bat. I look forward to trying your guitars out one of these days.

Good luck and get well soon!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 AM

Alistair,

I hope the hospital issue is either just a check-up or something minor, and that you are back in action soon!

My question is whether any of your models, most likely the X10 (or possibly the coming X20-OS), could be produced with a short scale (probably 24.875 inches, i.e. 24 7/8 inches), with 14th frets to the neck. If so, would the bridge remain in the standard position and the reduction in length come from the neck, . . . versus the neck remaining the same length and the bridge being moved closer to the sound hole (which would not be desirable, since that would presumably negatively impact the tone)?

Best regards,
Jim K
Old 02-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for checking in. There are many things to recommend carbon fiber guitars, and AGF's "new" subforum is a step toward a much wider market and audience for these amazing instruments. Hope all goes well with your hospital stay...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
Ive been pretty busy recently and havent had much time to jump in here and contribute to this great new forum but I find myself in hospital for a few days so im using my forced time away from work to say hello here and check up on whats going on.
We have alot going on at Emerald guitars this year with 3 new models coming through final development and some very exciting custom projects including something really special with one of the worlds greatest guitarists but I cant say anything about that just yet.
Ive been building carbon guitars since 1998 and its been a long road but very rewarding and it really feels like our art is starting to gain serious widespread appeal. Carbon guitars are here to stay and with the other great builders our future looks really bright. Its exciting times and 2012 is set to be the most exciting yet.
I hope to get more involved on here so if anyone has any questions for me then just fire away.
Alistair
Alistair,

Hopefully you are getting better quickly.....hopefully not related to your flammables issue. What is with the new x20?

Best wishes,

Taylor 424ce SL
Emerald X20 purple weave
Emerald X20 gold weave
Taylor NS34ce
Taylor T5X
Composite Acoustic OX Raw (Peavey)
Rainsong OM
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Prestige Eclipse Spruce/Mahogany
Voyage Air VAOM-1C (2)
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Journey Instruments OF660
Recording King ROA-9 Bakersfield Limited
Mogabi 200
Old 02-14-2012, 03:42 AM

Thanks for the well wishes. Im getting some tests for Abdominal pains and hope to get out of here tomorrow and back to the work bench. Its not all bad though as it gives me a chance to catch up on computer work and I have Princes entire Discography lined up to listen to today so its going to be a funk filled day.
Yes we can do a short scale X10 and it would be done by shortening the neck. Its involves some minor surgery but can be done for around $350 and leaves the guitar visually and structurally as good as the standard model.
The new X20-OS is still in final development. All the tooling is completed so now we are building prototypes and working on the voicing. This guitar has alot of new inovations in it and promises to be very special. I cant wait to share it with the world.
This hospital stay is setting me back a couple of weeks but we should have more in depth details on this guitar soon.
Alistair
Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 AM

Feel better Alistair! There is simply nothing more important than your health.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 PM

Hey Mr. Hay hope you are doing OK
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Best wishes, hope you are better soon.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:57 AM

Good to see you on here! I visited your shop about 6 years ago with my friend Trevor Russell and I had a marvelous time. I can certainly attest to the quality of these guitars. Seeing the work in progress was amazing to see.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber