The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Question GSI Student Guitars, Anyone Play One?

Hello everyone, I was curious to see if anyone has tried any of the GSI student models (Studio Series)? For the price point they're selling at it seems like a great value, just wondering how they sound. Any info would be appreciate, thanks!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 AM

Hi,

I bought one of the half-off CR-100 guitars from GSI during their January sale. Cedar top, very nice. I bought it with several of my poverty-stricken students in mind in the hope that I could offer it to them. I played it for about a month in lessons and it was very fine, well worth the money. I then sold it in mid-February to a student for what I paid for it and he sounds soooo much better. I think the better sound has inspired him to practice more and he seems to really love the instrument. So yes, I'd certainly recommend the GSI Studio Series, especially if on sale.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical