The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Charter Member

Default Eichelbaum guitar anyone?

I saw this guitar as a rising builder few years back and I don't see that much about it.. any owners?.. experience?

Goodall Jumbo Royal Hawaiian

Merill & Co C-41

Merill & Co OM-18
Old 10-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Charter Member

I owned an Eich GA a few years ago. It was a nice guitar, kind of similar to a Ryan Nightengale I owned a the time in terms of tone and feel. I found the guitar to be too lightly built for my style of playing and for the setup I prefer, so I ended up parting with it about a year after receiving it. It was a very lush sounding instrument and very responsive, but it did not have much of what I would call "headroom".
Slackers 1:51-52
FSM
Old 10-07-2010, 07:24 AM

I wish! Visit the dreamguitars website, as they seem to have a steady stream of very fine-looking Eichelbaum guitars passing through there (along with ridiculous amounts of other guitar eye-candy).

Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 AM

Wow, I made the "where are they now" list!

I'm still around guys, just busy. If I haven't been that visible lately it's probably because I'm rarely on the forums and haven't worked directly with any dealers for 3-4 years now preferring to sell 100% direct. I've also been spending a lot of time with vintage Martin restorations. But I've got a few new models out including an OM and 00-18 12 fret style guitars both built in the Martin tradition.

Feel free to drop me an email or give me a call with your thoughts or questions. Also, I'll be attending the Healdsburg Festival next year too so drop in and say hi if you get a chance.

Cheers,
David

www.eichelbaumguitars.com
Authorized Martin Warranty Center
(805) 646-9843
Old 10-07-2010, 10:44 AM

David makes excellent guitars. I highly recommend everyone checks them out.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguitars View Post
Wow, I made the "where are they now" list!

I'm still around guys, just busy. If I haven't been that visible lately it's probably because I'm rarely on the forums and haven't worked directly with any dealers for 3-4 years now preferring to sell 100% direct. I've also been spending a lot of time with vintage Martin restorations. But I've got a few new models out including an OM and 00-18 12 fret style guitars both built in the Martin tradition.

Feel free to drop me an email or give me a call with your thoughts or questions. Also, I'll be attending the Healdsburg Festival next year too so drop in and say hi if you get a chance.

Cheers,
David

www.eichelbaumguitars.com
Authorized Martin Warranty Center
(805) 646-9843
Yeah David, you made it !!!.and wow you are here.

Sent you a PM..

Goodall Jumbo Royal Hawaiian

Merill & Co C-41

Merill & Co OM-18
Old 10-07-2010, 01:22 PM

I am very pleased with the neck reset David recently did on my Martin OM. And he is a very nice guy.

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'
Old 10-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Charter Member

Default Tried the ones at Dream

Hi Moga,

I tried two of the Eichelbaums at Dream Guitars when I visited them a while back. They were both beautiful guitars. Great fun to play and "smooth as silk” is how I would describe the way they responded to my light fingerstyle playing – lush and rich sounding; similar to the Wingert that I also tried at Dream that day and also the Baranik that I am lucky enough to own already.

Col
Old 10-08-2010, 01:35 AM

I've had my Eichelbaum GC cutaway (EIR/Engelmann) for just over 5 years now and it is by far the best guitar I have owned or played. I've had Goodall, Beneteau (shouldn't have sold that one), Baranik, Claxton, a couple of Lowdens, Martin, Larrivee and a few other high end guitars, and they are all gone to new homes, while the Eichelbaum has held its ground here. I would take the Eichelbaum over the Olsons and Ryans that I have played as well.

I would highly recommend his guitars to anyone if you can find one.

John

Not all those who wander are lost ...

Formerly known as "John_in_Japan"

1992 Larrivee L-05
2008 Kimble A-0 Mandolin
2014 Nyberg Octave Mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion