The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatkin View Post
I’ve had a Custom Shop 0-21 for about a year, and it has become the one I pull out of it’s case every day.
Rosewood tends to round out small bodies very nicely. I bet it sounds lovely!
Old 10-23-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
Haven’t played one Kori, but I can’t imagine this one not being boxy.
Maury's Music did some nice demos and comparisons a while back and although there are differences between the 0 and 00 I wouldn't say the 0 is boxier. The 0-18 in the videos sounds a lot like mine.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustigoat View Post
Maury's Music did some nice demos and comparisons a while back and although there are differences between the 0 and 00 I wouldn't say the 0 is boxier. The 0-18 in the videos sounds a lot like mine.

I do think they sound nice, the 0-18s. However, I hear a touch of "honk" in them that I am not wild about. However, I am assuming these are new guitars and both not played in, so wondering how time will impact the tone....The age old question that cannot be answered.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:25 AM

Does anyone import a lower cost, maybe veneer back/sides, 0-18 clone?
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 10-24-2018, 06:34 AM

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...SAAEgKnd_D_BwE
Old 10-24-2018, 07:02 AM
Charter Member

I bought a Martin CS 0-18 ambertone from Mark at Reno’s Music, (he has like 10 to choose from) Adirondack over mahogany. It was a great little guitar right from the start. This is the little engine that could. I love the combo of the red spruce, mahogany back, solid mahogany neck and the Geib case package. I changed out the plastic pins for ebony and put on new medium strings by John Pearce. Also as I have Martin’s with addi tops I own a ToneRite. I put that on for a few days and created a monster. I play it every day over the others. It has a balanced tone, great sustain, and I love what the trebles can do/add to my songs. Great all around voice.

My friend owns the first Pre*War 0-18 made and I play that as well. Of course the Pre*War is amazing in spades. He was very impressed with the Martin and he plays his Pre*War every day.
1968 Ovation 1111-4 RIP 1968-2021
Old 06-20-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPDOGJIM View Post
I bought a Martin CS 0-18 ambertone from Mark at Reno’s Music, (he has like 10 to choose from) Adirondack over mahogany. It was a great little guitar right from the start. This is the little engine that could. I love the combo of the red spruce, mahogany back, solid mahogany neck and the Geib case package. I changed out the plastic pins for ebony and put on new medium strings by John Pearce. Also as I have Martin’s with addi tops I own a ToneRite. I put that on for a few days and created a monster. I play it every day over the others. It has a balanced tone, great sustain, and I love what the trebles can do/add to my songs. Great all around voice.

My friend owns the first Pre*War 0-18 made and I play that as well. Of course the Pre*War is amazing in spades. He was very impressed with the Martin and he plays his Pre*War every day.
How are you liking 0-18 you have from reno’s now that it’s been a couple of years? How’s it stacking up against your other martin hogs?
Old 06-20-2020, 04:46 PM
Charter Member

Hi Kori, I am a big fan of single 0 guitars and have owned quite a few. About a year and a half ago I got a Pre-War Guitar Co. Single 0 and it is amazing. I had a Collings 01T at the time and sold it after the PW arrived.

It does everything well and arrived sounding and looking broken in and nothing about it sounds boxy. The only single 0 that I like better is my 1942 Martin 0-18 as expected.

I believe there’s a 2 year wait list on the PW’s but in my opinion they are the best sounding new guitar you can buy if you like the broken in sound of a vintage guitar.

Mitch
Old 06-20-2020, 09:03 PM

I just bought the OM-28 Reimagined. Fantastic Martin sound, and great neck. I love what they have done with the standard series.
2010 American Deluxe Telecaster
2003 Avalon Legacy L25
Old 06-22-2020, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkatz View Post
Hi Kori, I am a big fan of single 0 guitars and have owned quite a few. About a year and a half ago I got a Pre-War Guitar Co. Single 0 and it is amazing. I had a Collings 01T at the time and sold it after the PW arrived.

It does everything well and arrived sounding and looking broken in and nothing about it sounds boxy. The only single 0 that I like better is my 1942 Martin 0-18 as expected.

I believe there’s a 2 year wait list on the PW’s but in my opinion they are the best sounding new guitar you can buy if you like the broken in sound of a vintage guitar.

Mitch
the pre war stuff is out of my price range but they look cool. glad you’re enjoying it

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion