The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 09-05-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I put a lot of my recordings (all mediocre at best covers, some not close to mediocre) on SoundCloud. Sometimes a few people will listen and somebody always offer to repost and promote my music, which I find pretty hilarious. They think I’m trying to make money on this stuff? It’s just a really easy place to post stuff and sometimes share it with family and friends. I use Flickr in a similar way with photos.

Well, several months ago, maybe as much as a year, I put up a cover of a John Hiatt song and some Russian guy re-posted it. Suddenly, well over 100 people listened to it - I usually have a handful of listeners, max, often none. I looked at the stats and all of these listens originated in Russia. So now I tell people I used to be big in Russia! I never was or will be, but I was way bigger in Russia for a few days than I ever have been or will be anywhere else…

-Ray
Too funny! Reminds of something Kenny Rogers got a chuckle out of. Said he heard of a guy in the sticks of Africa that somehow got a hold of a 45 of his recording Lucille. Played and sang it over and over again even though I don't think he spoke a lick of English!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write