The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-13-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood nacho View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chistoso View Post
Guitarists should play music on the strings of their guitars.

I they want to join the notorious guitar spankers who can’t get over the fact that they used to be drummers or that they always wanted to be drummers, they should recognize that while drumming on their guitars might LOOK cool to a live audience, in the recording studio it ends up sounding like an old LP (remember those?) that has a bad scratch.

Listen carefully to the guitar spankers or watch their videos closely; you may decide that they are pounding on their guitars because they are unable to play the next chord transition smoothly on the guitar strings or because they are unable to maintain a tight strumming rhythm on the guitar strings.

In some cases the guitar spankers may be wannabe flamenco guitarists who simply lack the necessary skills for playing flamenco.

Looking for natural sounding percussion? Play a natural percussion instrument.
Posts like this really make me upset.

Do whatever you want with the guitar. There are no rules! Thats what makes it so enjoyable! It's art.

Play the guitar with a bow. Beat the hell out of it. Take off all the strings and use it exclusively as a drum. Don't listen to others telling you what is 'correct'. Do what you want! HAVE FUN.
you're right , play that you have in your head and your heart , if you have abilities to use unusual tehniques , have and give pleasure , go ! :-)

Last edited by wooodye; 07-13-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:01 AM

Music is music no matter where the sounds come from. Even farts recorded in a harmonic chain are considered music, so keep it going. I myself do not like it but your mind is in the command.
Cheers !
Old 07-14-2013, 05:30 AM

:-) the mind is in the command

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
drum, fingerstlyle, percussive techniques