The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-13-2020, 06:30 PM
Guest 928

Default a star is born

Chloe is really good and has great visual and auditory appeal. I'm seeing a movie.

It opens on a close shot of a beautiful Emerald woody and backs up to an office with the owner at a desk talking with one of his managers. The question is, where have all the guitars gone? According to the owner he has been producing a lot more guitars than shown in the inventory or sales.

The manager is instructed to investigate and turns up dead. As an Irish flick the graveyard scene is stark and replete with bagpipes and tears.

An inspector shows up (could be The Captain or The Kramster), interviews the whole cast in the rooms where they work (with lots of pictures of Emerald guitars). No one can think of who would to kill the beloved manager.

The next scene is where two spokespersons for Emerald (Chloe and Simon) are being interviewed by the owner--he suspects the death has something to with the theft of guitars. Chloe and Simon dummy up and become major suspects because they had access to all the computer inventory and final words as the shipment videos were made.

To make a long story short, while Simon is the primary suspect to the theft, Chloe is really the mastermind.

The auditory would be done in Irish with subtitles in English.

THE END
Old 03-13-2020, 06:43 PM
Charter Member

I think there would be a LONG line of suspects that would think about stealing that thin body of yours if given the chance ! Including moi.

Glad you are feeling better Evan. LOL
Old 03-13-2020, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

If kramster was in the movie, he would be handing out Emeralds and Cargos and anything else carbon fiber for everybody to try. He is the ambassador of the carbon fiber world, whether in a movie or in real life (or is that a movie too???).

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 03-13-2020, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

I'm OK if you hire George Clooney to play my part.

A little dark there with the killin' stuff. You sure this wait isn't getting to you?

I am enjoying the Chloe and Kevin Show.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post

The auditory would be done in Irish with subtitles in English.

THE END
And another versa vica a.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-14-2020, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I'm OK if you hire George Clooney to play my part.
And obviously Brad Pitt playing my part.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-14-2020, 09:30 AM
Guest 928

NO NO NO!!!We're talking real characters. We can call the owner Alistair, and Chloe will be Chloe, and so forth.

We could mix up the plot a bit and have the Kramster character being the one on the receiving end of the stolen guitars.

Also, rather than the first scene suggested, the first scene could be the recent shipping video where the viewer is introduced to the sweet, young, beautiful Chloe and the somewhat stoic Simon. And then we move to the office scene with the owner, guitars, Chloe and Simon.

After Simon is offed, everything quiets down except for three odd pieces of evidence. The death becomes listed as a suicide (over guilt from having stolen all the guitars), but then while the gun is in the right hand the headshot is on the left--an almost impossible self-inflicted wound. This makes suicide an improbable event.

Second, the person who has continually shown up in the background, cleaning the offices and workshop areas finds a powerful piece of evidence in Chloe's trash can--a wadded up Emerald label with a botched (and faked) signature. The cleaner takes the evidence to Alistair.

Meanwhile, another piece of evidence is turned over to the inspector when Simon's relatives take possession of his personal effect, including a cell phone with a recorded message between Chloe and Simon--a chilling message when Simon confronts Chloe, she admits to the theft and how it has been done, and then shoots poor Simon.

And then we come to the true test of Chloe's acting ability. When confronted by Alistair and the inspector she goes ballistic, turns mean and ugly, calling Alistair names, accusing him of having underpaid and underappreciated her.

The visual and auditory fade to black.

THE END

PS: Boy, this is fun.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:03 PM

Firstly, that made for interesting reading haha. Ill make sure and share with the guys on monday.

Secondly, why am i not the mastermind!? 😂
Thirdly, i only took those guitars for "R&D" 😉
Old 03-14-2020, 06:22 PM
Guest 928

Simon;

It's becoming a good read. There's a movie about a violin--why not a movie centered on marvelous space-age guitars?

Second--because you don't write the checks.

Third--Every crime has a good motive--yours is as good as any.

The characters can be shuffled around. For examples, Earl or the captain could be the U.S. investigators. Kevin could be the shot guy. The detectives have a subpoena for Mr. K's space and his inventory (lots of good pictures here) includes a number of guitars that were hijacked. Mr. K. is hauled out in handcuffs (Mr. K could shoot this whole U.S. segment).

Much of this video is already shot. The opening at the Emerald shipping video. Some of the shots of the Emerald kingdom. The view of the stark tree outside the Emerald window. These can all be used. I'd do it like a documentary mystery--as if this really happened. Maybe some newspaper shots.

The video can be pieced together from different sources, much like Playing For Change was made. The video can also alternate between vivid color (the first guitar shots) to the B&W graveyard scene.

Well, enough fun for now. Hope all of you locked down Irish are well and in good spirits.

Evan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber