The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-03-2020, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
There was the original Thalia that began as a Kickstarter project. If you have one of those, they were difficult to use.

They were extremely tight on the guitar and hard to squeeze open. Spring tensions were not consistent capo to capo.

So the capo was redesigned so the hand pressure needed was far less and especially, for the springs, a device was designed to pretest the tension of every spring so they were within specs and consistent before being assembled. Different spring sources were sought out as well, etc., as I recall.

I have both the original and the current version and there is a world of difference, even though outwardly they look identical. It's a polished product now.
As he said...I’ve got 2 of the newer ones, and I’m about to add a 3rd. I love them.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 03-18-2020, 05:49 AM

I just received my second Thalia capo. It's a beauty. I'll take a pic asap. I was going to wait on posting till had the new capo pic. But, Thalia just sent out an email to customers that you may be interested in.

Quote:
A special announcement from our founders...

Hi Jeff,

We want to be as transparent as possible during this challenging time and share how the Corona Virus is affecting us and our ability to serve you. Thankfully, we are all healthy and none of our employees have had any symptoms or been tested for the virus.

However, we were given an order by our county authorities yesterday to "shelter in place" and shutdown operations until April 8th. This is not something that we can afford to do. But the health & safety of our employees and the nation is at stake, and so this is something that we must do.

The vast majority of our products are built-to-order and fabricated using various lasers and other complex machinery that cannot be done from home. After careful consideration, this has forced us to shut down production during this "shelter in place" order.

That said, we are taking the following steps so that we may continue some operations during this time so that we may fulfill customer orders and ensure that our company survives this pandemic.

Customer Service will continue during this "shelter in place" order and we also used the remaining time we had left yesterday to build a large volume of existing customer orders. The team stayed until midnight last night when the order took effect and built as many straps, capos, slides, phone cases, truss rod covers, etc. that we could. Those products have not yet shipped, but we will be shipping those out later this week from the "dome."

Many of you may remember that we started the Thalia business in a 900sf geodesic dome at our home. We have temporarily moved operations back to the dome so that we may continue to ship customer orders over the next three weeks.

We also moved over 1,500 ready-to-ship capos, slides, straps and other products late last night in a U-haul. Now, it will likely take me a day or two to unpack and get shipping flowing again. As soon as we ship out all customer orders that we were able to build prior to the shutdown, we will be reaching out to everyone else who has an outstanding order that we weren't able to ship prior to the shutdown with some options.

These options will include a 50% discount if you are willing to wait for our custom shop team to return to work, a full refund, or the option to switch to another product that is in stock and ready to ship. If you choose to switch to a different in-stock product you will still receive the 50% discount.

Now for new orders, we have converted all of the products that are not currently ready to ship to "Pre-Order" on our website. These products will be built-to-order once we are allowed to return to work on April 8. If you do decide to order products from us during this special pre-order period we are offering a 50% discount incentive!

We need new orders to keep us going during this difficult time and we will be forever grateful to those who are able to help us out right now. The Coupon Code for the 50% Discount is: PREORDER50

We also respectfully request that you do not ask for a 50% discount if you have recently received an order from us, prior to the shutdown. This special discount is offered as a pre-order incentive to keep cash coming in while we are temporarily shut down only.

Finally, we want to express our deepest condolences to anyone who has lost loved ones as result of this disease.

Stay safe, wash your hands & keep playing guitar!

Chris & Thalia

P.S. We have some great things in store for you in the very near future! This virus is a temporary setback but we are resilient, optimistic and eternally innovative. Stay tuned!
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 03-18-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
I just received my second Thalia capo. It's a beauty. I'll take a pic asap. I was going to wait on posting till had the new capo pic. But, Thalia just sent out an email to customers that you may be interested in.
Saw that. Will probably order one.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 03-19-2020, 07:10 AM

Here's that new Thalia capo.

Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 03-19-2020, 09:51 AM

Default Capo

I didn't like mine. Too heavy and bulky. I gave it away.
Gretch Resonator
Old 03-19-2020, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Post deleted

Last edited by JKMartin; 11-04-2020 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
Thalia capos look cool but they are really heavy.
I’m glad I’m not the only person who thinks that. THey’re lovely and I like mine but dang that thing weighs a lot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber