The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-01-2020, 12:07 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Default Guitars in stock - March 2020

Sponsors (luthiers/builders/manufacturers), what guitars do you currently have in stock for sale or available from a dealer?

(Note: Sponsors only, please. I'll unstick this thread every month and start a new one to keep things fresh.)

JR
Old 03-01-2020, 04:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Kraus Guitars OOOO at Gruhn guitars Nashville.

A Kraus Guitars OOOO for sale at Gruhn Guitars Nashville.
Sitka spruce top.
Honduran mahogany back and sides.
Kingwood bindings.

https://guitars.com/inventory/am8302...leport-ny-0000

$3295.00

Call Gruhns for an in hand description;

1-615-256-2033

Last edited by Bill Kraus; 03-05-2020 at 06:39 AM. Reason: link
Old 03-02-2020, 06:39 AM
AGF Sponsor

Heinonen SJ Cedar/Indian RW (WIP)

We’ve got a Heinonen SJ anticipating for the right temperature in Minnesota to spray the coats. The original spec was without any fretboard inlays, but If you grab this build right now, we can work on it within the current timeframe. This Heinonen SJ is available @fineluthiers Feel free to get in touch with us for more info~

p: +82 10 6478 6443
m: [email protected]
w: https://fineluthiers.modoo.at/
Old 03-11-2020, 03:13 PM

Default FLASH SALE on PELLERINS

We have these 2 Pellerin GAs for sale at an INCREDIBLE price.

Michel Pellerin has been building guitars for over 20 years. His main inspiration for his tone comes from Ervin Somogyi’s very first apprentice, Mario Beauregard, and we can definitely hear some of that influence in his guitars. We also had the privilege of meeting him in person and having a chat with him. Here is the interview:

We have the pleasure of not having not one, but two Pellerins in store. These two guitars could not be more different in terms of tonewoods. Despite this, Michel manages to achieve a very consistent tone in both instruments which sound more similar than dissimilar. Michel’s guitars are extremely robust, boasting a loud and responsive voice.

For the first one, Michel has pulled all stops with Private Stock Bearclaw Sitka Spruce, beautifully figured Bird’s Eye Maple, Art Deco Rosette, a Spanish Assembly Integral Neck, Florentine Cutaway, Ryan style Bevel and Fanned Fret. This Grand Auditorium is a powerhouse with a bright, punchy tone characteristic of its materials, however with additional warmth and overtones that you do not often find in Maple guitars. This guitar retails for $11250, but we are looking for just a flat $8500 for our fellow AGF members! It has almost every upgrade possible, so do let us know if you'd like this incredible piece. We are also open to negotiations on the pricing!

The second one is built with a Cedar top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides. This is possibly my favourite Cedar topped guitar as it has an enormous Spruce-like headroom and brightness, while at the same time having all the warmth and lushness of Cedar. The unique “Black Top” finish is perfectly juxtaposed by the top Maple purfling, creating a stunning visual effect. This guitar is sure to capture the eyes, ears and hearts of everyone in the room. This one is going quickly for just $7900! Again, we are open to negotiation.

We also have several guitars available like Strahm, Heinonen, Olson, Bowerman, Buendia, Isaac Jang... etc. If you are in the market for an acoustic guitar, why not just drop us a message and we just might have something spectacular for you

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-20-2020, 01:13 AM
AGF Sponsor

Special Sale 2019 Arcara OM28 Adirondack/Amazon RW - Brand New

(Recommend 1080P for the best sound quality)

Blues Improvisation

Moon River

This beauty is based on 1930 Martin OM28 with Adirondack Spruce&Amazon Rosewood combo!
Matt is one of the rising stars of Pre-war Martin inspired builders. He is following the legacy of Julius Borges and John Slobod of Circa Guitars.
If you're seeking a PreWar-ish Martin OM, This would be a great one.

This one arrived at our showroom at the end of November 2019.
It is with a special sale price. If any AGF member in the US buys this one, Matt will do a setup for you.
We did work on additional sound samples. Thank you for the tip Mcduffnw~

Spec

Body: OM
Finish: Lacquer
Top: Adirondack
B&S: Amazon RW
Bridge&F.Board: Ebony
​HeadMachine: Waverly Tuner
Nut/Saddle/Pins: Bone
Frets: EVO gold
Appointments: Style 28

p: +82 10 6478 6443
m: [email protected]
w: https://fineluthiers.modoo.at/
Old 03-27-2020, 07:36 AM
AGF Sponsor

A few years back I built a couple of demo guitars to bring down with me to a bluegrass camp I was giving some lutherie talks at and when I got back I put this one up on the shelf and basically dove right into new work. So, time to find it a new home!

It's my Grand Concert model (basically a dreadnought size) with East Indian rosewood back/sides and a sitka spruce. French polish, sound port, canary wood radial purfling, and it's a monster of a guitar. I had hoped to do a fancy photo shoot but we suddenly found ourselves locked out of the shop for the next three weeks. Luckily I managed to grab a couple of quick shots before packing things up and had recorded a couple of demo videos a few weeks back...

A simple and pretty instrumental (Leo Kottke's "Echoing Gilewitz") that's super fun to wail on the dropped D...

And another Kottke arrangment, "Corrina Corrina"...

Being a few years old (though in new condition) I'll be selling this one at my old base price. With both the Holy Grail and La Conner shows postponed/cancelled/who knows, plus not working for the next three weeks I'm hoping to get this one out the door quick! So, probably a better deal on one of my guitars than you're likely to see again -- drop me a message with any questions or for more details!
instagram
Old 03-27-2020, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Great job with the videos, Mike! GLWTS
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop