The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-30-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalton View Post
Three pages on this topic and still going strong.

I guess I need to take an outrage pill and jump on board. Otherwise, it’s just “yeah, more crap stuff in the world - next?”.
Every topic dies out when people stop commenting...your contribution to the longevity of this one is duly recognized.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:31 AM
Charter Member

Many of us find FedEx to be the delivery service that we love to hate, and I'll pile on a bit. I ordered a living room armchair the other day. FedEx picked it up in Illinois and took it to California on the way to Virginia. Hokie smokes, Bullwinkle, how does that make any kind of geographic sense???
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 12-01-2021 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Many of us find FedEx to be the delivery service that we love to hate, and I'll pile on a bit. I ordered a living room armchair the other day. FedEx picked it up in Illinois and took it to California on the way to Virginia. Hokie smokes, Bullwinkle, how does that make any kind of geographic sense???
It doesn't to us, but then we don't move millions of packages around the world every day. Perhaps it would if we were in the business. I'll bet there is reason to their madness.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/

Last edited by rllink; 12-01-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllink View Post
It doesn't to to us, but then we don't move millions of packages around the world every day. Perhaps it would if we were in the business. I'll bet there is reason to their madness.
Maybe searching for an empty ravine that's far from Alabama???
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 12-01-2021, 10:26 AM

Pretty stupid of the driver. He/she/preferred pronoun had to know eventually he/she/whatever would get caught.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
Pretty stupid of the driver. He/she/preferred pronoun had to know eventually he/she/whatever would get caught.
Having retired from a career in the correctional system, I can tell you that the one thing that inmates who are caught have in common is that they never think that they'll be caught...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 12-01-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Having retired from a career in the correctional system, I can tell you that the one thing that inmates who are caught have in common is that they never think that they'll be caught...
Agreed. It's almost as pervasive a mindset as those trading their privacy for some perception of convenience who believe "since I'm doing nothing wrong I have nothing to hide".
Old 12-01-2021, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619TF View Post
Agreed. It's almost as pervasive a mindset as those trading their privacy for some perception of convenience who believe "since I'm doing nothing wrong I have nothing to hide".
Boy no kiddin' no doubt if someone intercepted my text to my wife that I was headed home from town, the possible consequences could be devastating

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 12-01-2021, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Maybe the driver wanted to explore Route 66? Better scenery westbound, ya know. 😉
2013 Taylor 214
2013 Martin D-17M
2014 Taylor 516e
2014 Taylor GS Mini Hog
2015 Taylor 324e
2015 Taylor 414ce-N
2015 Taylor Custom GA 12 fret
2015 Taylor 612ce 12 fret
2016 Taylor T5 Custom AA koa
2017 Taylor 712ce 12 fret LTD
2018 Taylor K22ce 12 fret LTD AA Koa
2019 Cordoba Master Series Hauser Ltd.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:25 PM

Default A Ha!

So that's where my wine shipment went
Old 12-01-2021, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllink View Post
With all these problems and inefficiency plaguing FedEx I wonder why a company like Sweetwater continues to use them. I have had no problems with any of them myself. I just must be lucky I guess.
Lack of competition keeps them going. You do realize there are exactly three players in this game? Why do you suppose Amazon is taking over their own shipping?

Amazon has the cash and infrastructure to do that. The entire Sweetwater empire is lunch money to Jeff Bezos.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird

Last edited by Dr. Spivey; 12-01-2021 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:56 PM
Charter Member

I read today that a second FedEx package dump site has been located.
Geez.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...times-81489053
Old 12-10-2021, 11:53 PM
Charter Member

The driver who dumped the packages has been identified and will be arrested on multiple felony theft charges.
Interestingly, it was stated that he was not in custody because he was at work delivering for a different company. Seriously.
He was expected to be taken in custody later this evening.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

Former FedEx driver dumped hundreds of packages in Blount County because ‘he didn’t want to deliver them’
ALABAMA NEWS
by: Drew Taylor, Phil Pinarski
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 / 03:33 PM CST / Updated: Dec 10, 2021 / 05:16 PM CST

BLOUNT COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The man responsible for dumping hundreds of packages from a FedEx truck into a ravine in Blount County will turn himself over to law enforcement for his “poor choices,” Blount County Sheriff Mark Moon announced Friday.

During a press conference Friday afternoon, Moon announced that Deandre Charleston, 22, of Adamsville, had admitted to dumping packages five different times between Nov. 17 and Nov. 24 off River Oak Trail in Hayden while working as a contract employee for FedEx. The packages were discovered by police the day before Thanksgiving.

“It appeared that he was very sorrowful for what he had done and just admitted that he was having some hard times in his life and made poor choices,” Moon said.

Over 20 packages found in Jemison woods a week after hundreds of FedEx packages discovered in Blount County
Moon said arrest warrants have been signed against Charleston, charging him with five counts of cargo theft, a Class D felony.

“He is working today and he is delivering packages for another company, so hopefully, we will have him in custody by the end of the day,” Moon said.

Moon said that in gathering the packages that had been dumped, 153 were able to be scanned and 247 were not able to be identified, affecting approximately 450 customers.. In total, $24,700 worth of packages were unaccounted for.

Moon said that a detective had recently made contact with Charleston in Adamsville. Charleston said that at the time of the dumps, he had recently lost a family member and that other issues in his life contributed to making “poor choices.”

“He did tell our investigator he didn’t take anything; he just unloaded them because he didn’t want to deliver them,” Moon said.

During the press conference, Moon stressed how polite and forthcoming Charleston was with what he did and that he hoped this situation would a life lesson he could learn.

“I know there’s a lot of people out there that want to just throw this guy away, throw away the key and never give him any hope of a life ever. That’s not my intentions and that’s not my hope,” Moon said. “I hope this is a life lesson that can change him, give him a better work ethic, and a better understanding of other people’s needs where he can move on from here and become a thriving citizen in our state.”
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 12-11-2021, 08:04 AM
Charter Member

Interesting, but I don't think that had anything to to with your chair showing up a few days late. It sounds like an isolated instance and not a company wide problem.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic