The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-17-2021, 02:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

Cool Visesnut cases

Has anyone else had trouble accessing the visesnut website.
When I try to get on it says I'm forbidden to access the site.
I've done business there before. I'm starting to take this personally.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:11 PM
AGF Sponsor

I've only bought fifty of them, so they forbid me as well!
Old 10-17-2021, 04:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
I've only bought fifty of them, so they forbid me as well!

Ok that actually makes me feel better. Thanks for checking.
Old 10-17-2021, 05:06 PM
AGF Sponsor

I have read that the factories in their part of the world have been completely shut down to try to stop C19. I am a month away from my next order (four at a time) and have been worrying about that, but now it appears more complex yet.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:51 PM
AGF Sponsor

Forbidden to access the site?! That’s no way to run a railroad.

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 10-18-2021, 09:34 PM
Charter Member

Probably use the same network engineers as Facebook -
Old 10-19-2021, 07:56 AM

ah man....I hope it's just a temporary thing. I've been using Visesnut for the past couple of years and have been very satisfied.

Who would have a connection to find out what's going on? I'm going to have to place an order here soon as well.

Ryan
Old 10-19-2021, 09:04 AM

Easy things first I guess, have you tried sending an email to them to ask whats going on?

I just did, and will let you know if I hear anything back from them. They've always been quick with communication so if they are still in business and it's just a website issue I'm sure I'll hear back soon.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:30 AM

This is their reply:

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for your information.
Yes, we are still in business.
Sorry for inconvenience. Tomorrow we will let our website developer fix it.

You also can inform me series, model and color, others details and we will send you PayPal invoice with discount.

Best wishes,
Old 10-19-2021, 11:40 AM

Not bashing Visesnut,

I've seen the videos, but how is this case better than say Karura, Hoffee, or Calton ? Yes, it''s cheaper and lighter, and adjusts to different instruments, but I fail to see why so many buy them.

Not much more and you could buy one of the above mentioned cases. Is Visesnut that incredible ? or is just a decent case for the money.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzy View Post
Not bashing Visesnut,

I've seen the videos, but how is this case better than say Karura, Hoffee, or Calton ? Yes, it''s cheaper and lighter, and adjusts to different instruments, but I fail to see why so many buy them.

Not much more and you could buy one of the above mentioned cases. Is Visesnut that incredible ? or is just a decent case for the money.
It's not better. It's more affordable (but yes, you are right it's not all that much more for a Karura). Visesnut has carved out a market niche that is between cases like Cedar Creek and Hiscox and the most expensive carbon fiber/fiberglass cases like Hoffee and Calton.

A Visesnut case also weighs less: a plastic shell, small neck storage compartment, and minimal but strategically placed padding reduce its weight. Good engineering maintains excellent deflection values that qualify it for flight case standards. So if weight is your biggest concern then Visesnut is a solid choice.

At the end of the day, though, I didn't like just how minimal the padding was. I felt like I had to be extra careful when placing my guitar back in the case because the case's back (bottom when laying down) wasn't padded. And I like to put my guitar in at an angle and then slide it so the end graft meets the bottom of the case. Without padding I wasn't comfortable doing that so I sold my Visesnut case. I just use Hoffee and Calton now.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzy View Post
Not bashing Visesnut,

They are half the price of a Hoffee or Calton, but I'm not sure about Karura. From my perspective as a builder, at my price point per guitar, a Hoffee or Calton would eat into the margin too much. If a customer wants one of those cases I'm happy to get one for an upgrade cost to cover the difference.

Outside of price, there are other things that I really like about the Visesnut cases. They are incredibly strong for their weight. I can stand on the face of a case at 160lb and there is no noticeable deflection. They are incredibly lightweight. A Calton feels like a tank by comparison, and the Hoffee is also considerably heavier. For many customers this is significant. It may not be as sturdy a flight case as the Hoffee or Calton if you are sending your guitar through with the luggage at the airport, but it is plenty sturdy for everyday use, in and out of the car, on and off the shelf, etc.

They ship very quickly, and their service has been dependable. This is huge. My prior experience with a popular custom case maker was a nightmare; having to return cases that didn't fit, waiting for 3-4 months for delivery, etc. With Visesnut, I place the order online, and they are at my doorstep in less than two weeks, sometimes one week.

Quality has been spotless. I haven't received a case yet with any defect or issue that I have noticed.

The pull strap fit design is an added bonus because I don't have to order custom fit cases. Either the dread or OM fit all the models I make.

I sound like a salesman, I'll stop!
Old 10-19-2021, 02:54 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hoffee cases weigh between 11 and 13 pounds, about the same as Calton. Visesnut cases I’ve had are between 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 pounds. Add my typically 3 3/4 pound guitar and the loaded Visesnut generally weighs less than the empty competition.

The basic unpainted Visesnut I favor will take a serious beating w/o showing any wear and tear, and it will support hundreds of pounds of weight unless you forget to close the buckles. Hoffee cases scratch ridiculously easily, and I once had a chunk removed from a Calton going through an airport baggage conveyor. 3 weeks and 4 flights on my recent trip to Italy and the case still appeared brand new.

A single model of Visesnut is a good fit for my 00, my 000, my OM, all asymmetrical versions of the same, AND fits my 16” arch top quite well. They usually arrive 10 to 12 days after I order them. This is huge because Hoffee, last time I checked, was a 12 week turn around. I leave design on the table foR my customers ight up until I start their build. 7 weeks later I am ready to ship. That means I can’t order their custom case till I start the build, and then the case doesn’t arrive until 5 weeks after I’m ready to ship. If all other things were equal, which they are not, I would still prefer Visesnut for this reason alone.

Last edited by Bruce Sexauer; 10-19-2021 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:55 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Hoffee cases weigh between 11 and 13 pounds, about the same as Carlton. Visesnut cases I’ve had are between 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 pounds. Add my typically 3 3/4 pound guitar and the loaded Visesnut generally weighs less than the empty competition.

The basic unpainted Visesnut I favor will take a serious beating w/o showing any wear and tear, and it will support hundreds of pounds of weight unless you forget to close the buckles. Hoffee cases scratch ridiculously easily, and I once had a chunk removed from a Calton going through an airport baggage conveyor. 3 weeks and 4 flights on my recent trip to Italy and the case still appeared brand new.

A single model of Visesnut is a good fit for my 00, my 000, my OM, all asymmetrical versions of the same, AND fits my 16” arch top quite well. They usually arrive 10 to 12 days after I order them. This is huge because Hoffee, last time I checked, was a 12 week turn around. I leave design on the table foR my customers ight up until I start their build. 7 weeks later I am ready to ship. That means I can’t order their custom case till I start the build, and then the case doesn’t arrive until 5 weeks after I’m ready to ship. If all other things were equal, which they are not, I would still prefer Visesnut for this reason alone.
I agree. When ordering cases from other vendors i always allowed about 2 months for delivery which means that as soon as the model was nailed down i had to order the case so it wouldn’t be the hold up. When following the same schedule with Visesnut, the case was sitting around the shop for most of the build. I’m impressed with their promptness.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:10 PM
Charter Member

Looks like their website is back

https://www.visesnutcase.com/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop