The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-14-2010, 11:37 PM

Default Pedal suggestions for solos

In my solo set, I'm starting to venture into using a looper (Boss RC-20xl) for capturing a verse on guitar that I can later do a solo over. I figure there should be something to set that second guitar apart from the first, so I'm looking around at pedals.
At first I was thinking a little digital delay (e.g., DD-7). I was even thinking of just using an A-B switch (e.g., EHX Switchblade) to send the soloing guitar to another track on the mixer and pan/EQ it differently from the first.

I like to keep the sound pretty acoustic, so I'm really just looking for a little color rather than some mind-blowing effect. Also, it should be a small pedal (again, like the DD-7, as opposed to the bigger DD-20).

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I'm currently playing a Martin DCX1E through a BBE Opto Stomp, said RC-20XL, and an Acoustimax.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:36 AM

I use an AB switch as you suggest. I utilise 2 of the 3 channels on my Carvin AG100 with the EQ and level set independantly on each. Then using the AB switch I can change channels and sonic flavour just as easily as a channel switching electric guitar amp. I find this very useful in my band .
mel
Old 08-17-2010, 05:57 AM

Guyatone MD 3 Micro Delay.....amazing little unit that can really add nice tonal variation and depth to solos.

2014 Pono N30 DC EIR/Spruce crossover
2009 Pono koa parlor (NAMM prototype)
2018 Maton EBG808TEC
2014 Hatcher Greta 13 fret cutaway in EIR/cedar
2017 Hatcher Josie fan fret mahogany
1973 Sigma GCR7 (OM model) rosewood and spruce
2014 Rainsong OM1000N2
....and about 5 really nice tenor ukuleles at any given moment

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification