The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-21-2010, 01:16 PM

hann:

I have an LR Baggs ParaAcoustic Di too...it measures 5 1/2 by 3 1/2. The Ultrasound measures 7 1/2 by 4 3/4. Same depth as the Baggs. Not much different in the weight.
I have had my Baggs for 12 years and have never had a problem with it. I wanted something that would allow me to blend two signals like a mic and a pickup on my upright bass.
The Ultrasound offers 2 channels...and each channel has its own input gain, phase reversal, tone controls and shaping. It does not provide phantom power for the inputs though. Lots of other stuff too like a gain control for the XLR out and another for line out. Sounds very clean. It does not provide phantom power for the inputs though.
I have not used it with my band yet but it sure is fun playing with the controls using an amp.

Last edited by Martinc; 04-30-2010 at 06:33 AM. Reason: added phantom power info
Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 PM

The tuner thing can be rectified... I built my self a belt mounted box that is an a/b switcher with an op amp buffer in it from Dieter. the output to teh amp/ pre dies and routs to the tuner on B. On A the buffer line drives for those times that I don't have a local pre. Nice thing about the buffer is it takes away any impedance concerns. It would take 30 mins to make this without the buffer. the input has a 114b on it so it shorts both channels. If you pull the guitar out of it it is silent.

You need to manage the switch over with a circuit to debounce the switch but its a no brainer..

In reading this thread adding a battery and a point to point voltage divider could inject whatever 'internal mic voltage' you need.. If anyone has the schematic of the cable you are using please pass it on. I assume from my first cursory read you are just using a trs and pulling the 12v from stereo chan 1 and plugging the mic into chan 2 where you run the jumper-ed 12v. to the cable of chan 2 on xlr.... I have yet to get mine. Just bought it here. If i were running an external mic it would be my dpa 4022's or akg 12v :-) so I would use my phantom injector or mic PS for he tube in line with the xlr anyway... 48v. rules :-)

I have a silver bullet on my all mahogany guitar. It helps brighten it . Aimed at the b-e. I can't remember who said the eq is always the same thing but if you have a maple bridge plate or a rosewood, or a cedar or a koa etc top it all changes big time. Like my M20 I have to run 2 of the 3 sensors in the mini . I have to leave the middle d-g one off or its all bets off....

So in case I missed it. If anyone has a link to the trinity y cable for the headway please shoot it my way :-) How long can you run it. I got to think for the K&K PWM you cant really go past 10ft.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Charter Member

Default Headway EDB-1 and iBeam active

I didn't know whether to resurrect this thread or start a new one. But I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has tried the Headway with an iBeam active set-up. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:00 PM

Default here are two songs I recorded with the edb-1

Here's my two cents to add to this thread, likewise not sure if I should start a new thread, but here goes. Check out www.daveguitar.com/music.html where I just uploaded two songs and recorded direct using the edb-1. I'm using a passive M1 and a K&K going to a Pickup the World stereo blender. I blend the signals mono into channel one of the edb-1. For channel two, I'm using a DPA 4099 mini guitar mic. These three sources are combined using the edb-1. From the line out I go into a T-Rex roommate reverb which has a stereo output. I take the stereo output directly to protools.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification