The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-07-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
What are you waiting for? Your handle is Gas, go get that guitar!!!!!!
Chemo week. My first off day is Friday. It's 6 hours round trip, so need an entire day. And I'm extremely anxious. Hope my nerves make it to Friday....
Various other acoustics
Various electric guitars and amps
Old 08-07-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas View Post
Chemo week. My first off day is Friday. It's 6 hours round trip, so need an entire day. And I'm extremely anxious. Hope my nerves make it to Friday....

Are you in treatment too? I did some guitar shopping at the start of chemo. My wife got me my D-28 Authentic, I ordered a Gibson Jumbo Historic, and found a Larrivee LV locally that was too good to pass up. It makes the time go my much faster when I’m laid up.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Are you in treatment too? I did some guitar shopping at the start of chemo. My wife got me my D-28 Authentic, I ordered a Gibson Jumbo Historic, and found a Larrivee LV locally that was too good to pass up. It makes the time go my much faster when I’m laid up.
I'm in maintenance treatment every 2 weeks. I've been battling this going on 7 years. So far I'm winning and buying guitars. Never give up.
Various other acoustics
Old 08-07-2022, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm in maintenance treatment every 2 weeks. I've been battling this going on 7 years. So far I'm winning and buying guitars. Never give up.
Good for you! Hang in there!

- Glenn
Old 08-07-2022, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes, good for you! Keep up the fight, and keep getting nice guitars!!
Old 08-08-2022, 10:53 AM

Quote:
That sounds positive!
Enjoy your trip on Friday, whether you end up with the guitar or not. Take the back roads home and enjoy the scenery (take the highway to get to the store as quickly as possible )
Old 08-08-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Glad to hear you are winning the battle, I was diagnosed with " CLM " Chronic myeloid leukemia 5 years ago and as of last year I am cancer free. My dear friend has battled stage 3 Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma twice this last time was a tough one, he had a very heavy treatment call R-CHOP. He is doing well but needs to make the 5 year mark.

When facing such obstacles it brings the value of life front and center. Keep up the fight and enjoy those new guitars
Old 08-08-2022, 11:22 AM

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and energy. I really appreciate it. Our plan is to leave at 7 am. Store opens at 10 am and its a 3 hour ride. Besides the D45 he has a 1985 BRW D45. I must play. Collings, McPherson, Gibson.....yadda yadda yadda. Plus a HUGE vintage collection museum. Can't say that we'll take the back roads home. If I buy it, I wanna get home and play it!
Various other acoustics
Old 08-08-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
"NEVER GIVE UP"......true words. I'm a 25 year cancer survivor (Bladder), and obtaining great guitars is my telling the The Big C to go to....
Enjoy the D-45 and play the heck out of it.....I bought a Santa Cruz 1934 D in 16 when I was diagnosed with Melinoma......beat it too..
There are a number of us cancer suvivors on this forum, I know we all say the same thing.......Play on & Live Long & prosper.

Life is a journey...not a guided tour...
Old 08-08-2022, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFox View Post
"NEVER GIVE UP"......true words. I'm a 25 year cancer survivor (Bladder), and obtaining great guitars is my telling the The Big C to go to....
Enjoy the D-45 and play the heck out of it.....I bought a Santa Cruz 1934 D in 16 when I was diagnosed with Melinoma......beat it too..
There are a number of us cancer suvivors on this forum, I know we all say the same thing.......Play on & Live Long & prosper.
Good for you HF! I admire your spirit!

- Glenn
Old 08-08-2022, 12:54 PM

Hey, You Guys--I feel you. I've just been diagnosed with lung disease, kind of what eventually killed Judith Durham. But I just commissioned a couple of guitars from the Scottish builder Oska Burman (oskaburmanguitars.com). I may die with this disease but probably will die of it. Just no idea of a timeframe. Could be two years, could be twenty years. But I'm living my life with as much gusto and tenacity as I can muster. My attitude is "Come and get me if you dare." You all hang in there, buy guitars, play music, and stay positive. It's important in treatment and recovery.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwills57 View Post
Hey, You Guys--I feel you. I've just been diagnosed with lung disease, kind of what eventually killed Judith Durham. But I just commissioned a couple of guitars from the Scottish builder Oska Burman (oskaburmanguitars.com). I may die with this disease but probably will die of it. Just no idea of a timeframe. Could be two years, could be twenty years. But I'm living my life with as much gusto and tenacity as I can muster. My attitude is "Come and get me if you dare." You all hang in there, buy guitars, play music, and stay positive. It's important in treatment and recovery.
Stay positive and maintain a good sense of humor. You'll make it. And enjoy those guitars
Various other acoustics
Old 08-08-2022, 03:20 PM

Hey, GAS--Thanks for the shout out. I definitely plan to do so. I have a bunch of other wonderful guitars, too, to tide me over for the year or so Oska is in the building process. I play just about every day for at least an hour, and I teach guitar to a few students. I also keep busy with poetry and art. I think it's truly important to stay busy and stay connected and stay positive about life. I've found that focusing on gratitude has helped me a lot, too. I've had a wonderful life and have had and continue to have so many blessings to be thankful for. I get a bit sad sometimes, knowing that I'm not ever going to be getting any better, but as soon as I pick up a guitar, my world brightens right up. Thanks and Best, Jack
Old 08-08-2022, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwills57 View Post
Hi JW!

I'm sorry for the struggles you are going through; it can't be fun! But I appreciate your attitude and spirit! Enjoy the best of what life has to give! My hat is off to you! You take care!

- Glenn
Old 08-09-2022, 03:43 AM

Enjoy that beautiful guitar and top it off by writing a new song on it. If you don't write, this is the perfect time to start.

Keep up the fight...that D45 needs to be played...a lot!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion