The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Hello folks,

I haven't posted any videos in a while and finally took a break from work tonight to setup the camera.

I'd been working on an arrangement of JT's "Sweet Baby James" for a few days now and figured out most of the phrasing by now.

The video is a bit out of focus -- but I hope you like the audio nonetheless.

Here's the video: http://youtu.be/E4ubHQEQPKY

As always, thanks for watching.

Quote:
Thanks everyone for watching the video and posting your feedback.

Your encouragement in much appreciated!

Cool

Your Welcome

It was Very Good !

Nice Work !
Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 PM

wow - great playing Mau.

I would think something like this would quiet some of the Olson 'nay-sayers' on here...

Great playing and Great sounding guitar. I am sure Jim is happy to have you in his corner.

Have a super day.

Kevin.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLPederson View Post
Great playing and Great sounding guitar. I am sure Jim is happy to have you in his corner.
Thanks for listening, Kevin. I must say at this point in his career Jim is mostly happy that I can fill out a spec sheet properly and that I leave him alone during the build...

Here's another quick video recorded with the Olson, this time performing a simple traditional tune called "Do Chroi Alainn":

http://youtu.be/2N4CUfVCJvs
Old 04-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Guest 213

Quote:
Thanks for listening, Kevin. I must say at this point in his career Jim is mostly happy that I can fill out a spec sheet properly and that I leave him alone during the build...

Here's another quick video recorded with the Olson, this time performing a simple traditional tune called "Do Chroi Alainn":

http://youtu.be/2N4CUfVCJvs
I really enjoy watching your videos, Mau. Do you ever make a mistake?

Can't wait to eventually see the new SJ Jim's building you. I've been sorely tempted (and almost sent an email) to inquire about the possibility of a spruce/EIR SJ for 2014, but the timing is just not right for me money-wise to make a commitment. I'm just thankful to have my 2012 cedar/EIR SJ safe at home again to stay
Old 04-20-2013, 09:23 PM

Wow! Another fantastic song from Mau! Beautiful, man...thanks, Mau, for posting your wonderful fingerpicking on your great guitars!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey, Mau, I just found myself here in your thread, and I clicked over to one of your YouTube vids. Five minutes later, I've fanned and faved you, and subscribed to your channel. Your playing had me from the first phrase, and those guitars you play-- I can't find a suitable superlative to describe what a revelation your musicianship is to me. All I can say is BRAVO--

I'm listening to "Jenny's Backyard", with you on that fan-fret Ray Kraut specimen. You and that guitar are an awesome pair, too.

It's like the whole sky just opened up.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceGuitars View Post
I really enjoy watching your videos, Mau. Do you ever make a mistake?

Can't wait to eventually see the new SJ Jim's building you. I've been sorely tempted (and almost sent an email) to inquire about the possibility of a spruce/EIR SJ for 2014, but the timing is just not right for me money-wise to make a commitment. I'm just thankful to have my 2012 cedar/EIR SJ safe at home again to stay
I make plenty of mistakes, Jon. Glad to hear you haven't noticed...

You still have a lot of time until next year.

Jim has started my next SJ. Will have pictures soon.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
Wow! Another fantastic song from Mau! Beautiful, man...thanks, Mau, for posting your wonderful fingerpicking on your great guitars!
Thanks, Bill!

It is a real joy for me to play this type of music on the SJ. I had a great time recording that tune.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cminor7sus4 View Post
Hey, Mau, I just found myself here in your thread, and I clicked over to one of your YouTube vids. Five minutes later, I've fanned and faved you, and subscribed to your channel. Your playing had me from the first phrase, and those guitars you play-- I can't find a suitable superlative to describe what a revelation your musicianship is to me. All I can say is BRAVO--

I'm listening to "Jenny's Backyard", with you on that fan-fret Ray Kraut specimen. You and that guitar are an awesome pair, too.

It's like the whole sky just opened up.
Thanks, Steve.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to play the guitars I dreamed about over the years. I never thought I would own an Olson but I'm very happy with the one that's sitting here...

As for Ray, the guitar he built for me was a stunner as well. It has by far the thickest voice among all my guitars.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 PM

Jim is well into his 2013 batch as he has started 41 guitars. I will update my other Olson thread soon.

I recently posted my arrangement of "Dochloíte An" in the Show & Tell section: http://youtu.be/LN9o5W2FBWI

And as a Custom Shop exclusive, here's my version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah": http://youtu.be/bDrRFkvo2iY

Both tunes are performed in DADF#AD capo 2.

Thanks for watching!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Guest 213

Quote:
Jim is well into his 2013 batch as he has started 41 guitars. I will update my other Olson thread soon.

I recently posted my arrangement of "Dochloíte An" in the Show & Tell section: http://youtu.be/LN9o5W2FBWI

And as a Custom Shop exclusive, here's my version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah": http://youtu.be/bDrRFkvo2iY

Both tunes are performed in DADF#AD capo 2.

Thanks for watching!
Inspiring as always! Thanks for posting these, Joe. Looking forward to seeing the next update on your new Olson
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Charter Member

Very nicely done. I enjoyed your rendition of Hallelujah. Thanks again for posting and sharing.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceGuitars View Post
Inspiring as always! Thanks for posting these, Joe. Looking forward to seeing the next update on your new Olson
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlxnply View Post
Very nicely done. I enjoyed your rendition of Hallelujah. Thanks again for posting and sharing.
Thanks, guys.

I just got an Apogee Duet and made a little recording with the Olson:

https://soundcloud.com/syndicatedart...mprovisation-3

I used an old AT3035 microphone, which hopefully will be replaced by a stereo pair very soon.

To my ear, my new setup provides noticeably more bass and a much better signal/noise ratio.

By comparison, here's the same tune played with my Bourgeois SJ and recorded with the MiC:

https://soundcloud.com/syndicatedart...rovisation-3-1

Old 05-26-2013, 12:20 AM

I'm looking forward to the future!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:32 AM

C'mon Mau, say "cheeeeeeeeeeeese" for the camera... you can do it.

Sounds wonderful... and the tune is lovely. Looking forward to that impromptu becoming your new original on your first solo acoustic album.

Thanks so much for continuing to post such inspiring music,

Cheers, berf
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop