The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-27-2014, 11:27 PM

Default JS Bach BWV 1002 Tempo di Borea

Hi,

Here's my latest JS Bach video Tempo di Borea from violin partita #1 BWV 1002.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQu...ature=youtu.be

Hope you like it,

Chris

Last edited by bachoholic; 06-28-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

I enjoyed the performance and thought the piece was really well played. It came through very convincingly as Bach on the guitar. Never easy. Great tone too.
BTW Chris, I always thought this was a violin Partita by Bach. Or did you mean that you wrote your arrangement based on a keyboard score?

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann

Last edited by Glennwillow; 06-28-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Rule 1 violation in quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreF View Post
I enjoyed the performance and thought the piece was really well played. It came through very convincingly as Bach on the guitar. Never easy. Great tone too.
BTW Chris, I always thought this was a violin Partita by Bach. Or did you mean that you wrote your arrangement based on a keyboard score?
Thanks Andre. Yes, my error, it should say violin. Doh. I think I've been working on Bach's keyboard works too much lately.
Thank you for the kind words.

Chris

Last edited by Glennwillow; 06-28-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: edited quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:07 AM

Last edited by Paikon; 07-17-2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Moderation comments
Old 06-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Charter Member

That was quite beautiful. Wish I could play as well. One thing I noticed is how relaxed your hands look, so free of tension and "effort." Your guitar positioning and posture look as though they might be something other than the conventional one, using a footstool or a support. Could you describe it (I have problems with posture!)? THANKS.
-Bob
Old 06-29-2014, 02:24 PM

Thank you Bob, glad you liked it.
In regards to my posture, I would not want you to copy mine. Mine is unorthodox like you mentioned, but it works ok for me.
Scott Tenants pumping nylon videos on youtube explain good posture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HjTGUUKsHY

Best of luck with your guitar,

Chris
Old 06-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, Chris. I think proper poster is what works best for each individual player. Actually, one of the reasons I asked is that your posture looks very much like Scott Tennant's recent posture, which he adapted after suffering some type of nerve injury. You can get a good look at it starting at 5:45 of the following video, if you're interested.
-Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYtYnTCCpKY
Old 06-29-2014, 07:52 PM

Thanks Bob.
I had no idea about Scott's injury. His guitar does look like it sits somewhat like mine. What's weird too is that it doesn't look like he's using any sort of device to keep the guitar in place. I'm going to look into his story more now. I'd like to see more angles on his but it looks like mine might be a bit further to the right than his. If I have the guitar more to the left, my left arm is further away from my body and because of my arthritis my left arm aches like crazy.
I meant to mention in my earlier post that I use the Dynarette Cushion. It works tremendously well for me. Also, I don't use any foot stool at all. I used to play tons of rock, folk, and the like and when I switched to 5-6 hours a day of classical my arthritic body was not happy at all with completely altering my sitting position. So with some trial and error, and lots of aching along the way, I have found this system to work well.

Chris
Old 06-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Charter Member

Chris, I saw a video in which Scott talked about his condition, but I can't remember how I found it. If I can locate it, I'll pass along the URL. He had to quit playing altogether for a while, if I recall correctly. I don't believe he's using any support. I don't know how the heck he keeps the guitar stable enough because it looks like he just has the lower bout resting on his right leg (on some kind of non-slip sheet) while holding it in place with his right arm. Doesn't seem like it should work, but it sure doesn't seem to hold him back! I use the Dynarette, too, (on my left leg) and like it very much.
-Bob
Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM

Thumbs up

What's there not to like ?
I believe, you know that...
Beautiful piece by our beloved composer and very well played.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:39 PM

Thank you Bern. I really appreciate it.

Chris

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical