The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-25-2014, 06:47 PM

Default Cordoba GK Pro vs Cordoba C-10 crossover?

Has anyone played these to compare and if so what are your thoughts?

I realize one is cutaway and one not, and the C-10 deeper body depth - but curious if anyone has demo'd both and has an opinion.

Thanks!
JT
Old 06-26-2014, 12:14 PM

The GK pro is built to flamenco specs (cypress, tap plate, fan bracing) and has a flat, full width classical neck (2").

The C10 crossover has a crossover neck: meaning it has a 12" radius and a 1 7/8 nut width, which is geared towards players coming from steel string or electric. It has spruce/rosewood.

As far as I can tell, the GK only comes with electronics, which I wouldn't want (I'd rather install an aftermarket system: there are better sounding options than the fishman, and they don't require cutting a hole out of the side.)

So they are fairly different guitars, you'd want to determine what you're looking for. Particuarly with the neck.

I think the C10 crossover is also relatively new, so many may not have played one yet. I'd be interested in the C10 crossover as a cheaper alternative to the Cervantes crossover.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:22 PM

The C10 Crossover looks suspiciously like the guitar I've been waiting for someone to make for the last 7 years!
Old 07-05-2014, 04:43 AM

I have not played either guitar but...

I have the Fusion 14 which has the crossover neck type I believe. It is a fine feel but make no mistake it is not at least to me like a steel string or electric. It just is not as far as feel goes. I also bought a Solista CE and that has a closer to standard classical neck and I like it very much. Not sure how to say but the Nylon strings are so different than steel. No amount of neck change will ever compensate. So I like the wider nut on the nylon just fine.

OK on the GK as said it is Flamenco. Make sure that is what you want. It is lighter which offers percussive as does the lower action. You can raise the bridge to increase sustain if that is more to your liking but you can do nothing to increase weight/mass. So it will never have the sustain or "presence" of a "Classical".
Cordoba Solista CE CD/IN
Cordoba Fusion 14RS
Gibson Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II HoneyBurst
Fender Standard Stratocaster Gold
Fender Standard Telecaster Lake Placid Blue
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Burst
Ibanez GRGA 42 TRB
Ibanez GRGA 32 WHT
Ibanez SR300 Grey

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical