The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-26-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventvkg View Post

Now what I’m looking for is a speaker that has the effect build them for my guitar some modulation a little bit of Reverb some EQ and compression. Something where I could just plug my aura pedal directly in from my guitar my mic right into another input and sound great. It’s got to be pretty powerful as I play outdoor on the beach so it’s gonna carry at least as much is the EV.
Get a single QSC K.2 8". DSP effects are built in. Two inputs. CRAZY loud. My duo uses a pair of the old K series (plus an EV ZXA1 sub when necessary). We have not yet encountered an application that was too large (For example: we play this ski resort plaza pretty often with our little K8s + sub—or a gig with even more people, which I did solo without the sub).

One other option is something like the Schertler or the AER or the Godin Acoustic Solutions.

Last edited by midwinter; 12-30-2018 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

Not much simpler for me... 15 min done!
3 stands, one Loudbox Performer, one guitar, one gig bag & tip jar!
For larger venues I DI out into Presonus Air10... add a few extra minutes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11334252_1648531502043041_4268634306960863421_o.jpg (58.2 KB, 321 views)
Old 01-11-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Hey guys long time no see. I did 248 gigs this year I play full-time and I’m in an out of a lot of places. Right now I’m using a powered 12 EV on a pole with guitar going into an Aura 12, then zoom ME50 for EQ, Compression, Modulation into a TCHelicon Performer on my mic stage. I got rid of the footpedal because I thought this would be a smaller footprint any easier and it turns out it’s not. I’ve got the power cables mic cables and quarter inch cables going up and down my mic stand and it’s just a mess I hate it. Plus it still takes me just as long as it did before to set up and tear down.

The problem is is I have a sound exactly like I like it for my aggressive style with a lot of lead fills, I need that compression and being able to dial the EQ carve out frequencies, etc is key. But I’m sick of toting in my big tub with the paddleboard a bag for my mic stand and speaker stand this speaker my guitar fan Etc. This past week I’ve been just using my speaker with a mic in one input in my guitar direct into the other input with surprisingly good results it took a little getting used to for the dry sound but I love the simplicity of it.

Now what I’m looking for is a speaker that has the effect build them for my guitar some modulation a little bit of Reverb some EQ and compression. Something where I could just plug my aura pedal directly in from my guitar my mic right into another input and sound great. It’s got to be pretty powerful as I play outdoor on the beach so it’s gonna carry at least as much is the EV.

Only thing I found that exists that seems to have some of that minus the compression is the Line 6 speaker it even has their Variax acoustic that you can blend in which if it sounds decent I may even use in place of the Aura. I’m looking for ease of set up and simplicity hear it actually takes presidents over a perfect sound in this case. I have a lot of PA gear a lot of speakers already but none of them do what I’m looking for. Any suggestions would be welcome thanks gents.
I didn't read all the feedback so this may have already been said, but I just switched to line 6 Helix and love it. I had a rig similar to the op before: Aura Spectrum>multi fx for compression, eq, reverb > k10 or k12. Too many cables and power supplies.

The Helix IR block allows me to load Aura images (found on web) and mix wet/dry just like the spectrum. Plus I can actually save presets and name them for different guitars/Mando/banjo. Plus all the fx I could want. Plus internal power supply (ie no more wall warts and proprietary power supplies). Now all I carry in is the speaker, Helix bag, and instruments. Great!

I got the LT because I didn't intend to run a mic through it (Church use mainly) but if I was playing solo shows it would totally be worth the extra to get the Helix floor.

This is also the first time I can use the exact same rig for both acoustic and electric without feeling like I'm compromising either. Happy!
1990s Hirade K5
1996 Ibanez AG600e
2000s Eastman E10D
2009 Breedlove American 000 MM
2007 Breedlove DR Deluxe Custom
2010s Eastman E10OM SB

Last edited by Roccorobb; 01-11-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccorobb View Post
I didn't read all the feedback so this may have already been said, but I just switched to line 6 Helix and love it. I had a rig similar to the op before: Aura Spectrum>multi fx for compression, eq, reverb > k10 or k12. Too many cables and power supplies.

The Helix IR block allows me to load Aura images (found on web) and mix wet/dry just like the spectrum. Plus I can actually save presets and name them for different guitars/Mando/banjo. Plus all the fx I could want. Plus internal power supply (ie no more wall warts and proprietary power supplies). Now all I carry in is the speaker, Helix bag, and instruments. Great!

I got the LT because I didn't intend to run a mic through it (Church use mainly) but if I was playing solo shows it would totally be worth the extra to get the Helix floor.

This is also the first time I can use the exact same rig for both acoustic and electric without feeling like I'm compromising either. Happy!

A good friend of mine uses the Helix floor for acoustic shows and loves it. He’s trying to get me to switch.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
A good friend of mine uses the Helix floor for acoustic shows and loves it. He’s trying to get me to switch.
yep. Honestly I have been really surprised at how much I love it as an acoustic rig. If I was only using it for that purpose I could have easily gotten by with the Helix stomp rather than one of the larger floorboards. That makes it really cost effective and even potentially a battery-powered option, as many people have figured out ways to power The stomp with external battery sources.
1990s Hirade K5
1996 Ibanez AG600e
2000s Eastman E10D
2009 Breedlove American 000 MM
2007 Breedlove DR Deluxe Custom
2010s Eastman E10OM SB
Old 01-12-2019, 05:43 AM

What about replacing

the AURA16
zoom ME50 for EQ, Compression, Modulation
TCHelicon Performer

by a
BOSS VE20
Line 6 HX stomp
Both might fit on a pedaltrain nano.

BOSS VE20 has a jack output
Line 6 has 2 inputs (L/R) and can work in parallel and end on an onboard mixer (Well I guess from reading the manual).
* One would add the EQ, compression, modulation and blend IR convolution (AURA)
* The other will be the mic

You'd end up with
1 XLR cable
1 guitar cable
1 nano pedalboard.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

Last edited by Cuki79; 01-12-2019 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
yep. Honestly I have been really surprised at how much I love it as an acoustic rig. If I was only using it for that purpose I could have easily gotten by with the Helix stomp rather than one of the larger floorboards. That makes it really cost effective and even potentially a battery-powered option, as many people have figured out ways to power The stomp with external battery sources.
Technically it could take the place of my Tonedexter on my board by accepting profiles from the Tonedexter. Plus it could replace my Neunaber Reverb and give me many more FX options. The HX Stomp won't take up as much room either.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:08 AM

Why not just something like the Bose T1 to your powered speaker?

Sorry if I missed something!
Old 01-16-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Not much simpler for me... 15 min done!
3 stands, one Loudbox Performer, one guitar, one gig bag & tip jar!
For larger venues I DI out into Presonus Air10... add a few extra minutes
This is my idea of a simpler rig... One trip or 1.5 trips
Some of the places I've played you wouldn't want to leave any gear unattended for long and the more trips, the more some drunk notices
Old 01-16-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I just got a deal on the hx stomp. I had a helix
rack for a few days and liked it alot. The stomp
a small board ,k10,or d68 depending on the venue.
mic and stand. sounds pretty simple. Time will
tell. I cant wait for it to arrive. NTD new toy day.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

Default Lucas Nano

No affiliation, but I own this system and it's outstanding. I've owned many combinations of PAs and amps. I landed on this one. It's great value, simple, and sounds fantastic.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...highlight=nano

Brent
Old 01-18-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
Bose S1 with guitar and a mic.

Done
My favorite solo acoustic/duo peformers travel light.

Jeffrey Foucault and Billy Conway: Sears Silvertone electric (Danolectric u1), 5-watt amp, J45 for Jeff and a suitcase kick drum, a low-boy cymbal, a snare drum for Billy. And they tear the house down!

https://youtu.be/AGDRkS9D48E

Peter Mulvey: Martin 000 with Fishman Rare Earth blend into a tuner pedal, Boss GEB-7 Bass EQ pedal and a DI then to the house system. And he sounds like a whole band when he plays!

https://youtu.be/XvfIBIg3D_U

My wife and I gig out as a duo (two vocals and my guitar). We kick it old school: MXL2006 condenser mic (for us and the guitar) into the house system or our Fishman SA220 solo amp. One mic, one stand, one cable, one amp, one guitar. Voila!
Old 09-10-2019, 12:40 AM

I’m back!!!!

Guess what? I omitted all FX pedals and just mic into input one and guitar into input 2! It sounds great dry and it’s 5 min set up and tear down. One trip on the cart. In FL these beach gigs require blower fans and I have a bin that I carry them cables etc in plus speaker stand/mic stand bag and speaker.

The gear was getting seriously messed up from the salty air so I sold most of it anyway. My PU system in my cheap beach Tak lasted one year even. Good times. Now I’m used to the sound dry and I like it. Natural.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
I bought a 4 ch snake for my pedal board.
mic, two outs from felix ( mandolin and guitar)
and one for the bass di preamp, Not having
to roll up 4 seperate cords saved some time.
this snake is 25 feet and has 4 male xlr on one
end and 4 female xlr on the other.
You might consider a small digital board
like the touchmix 8. It has para eq, graphic eq
delay, reverb ,chorus, compression, and lots more
too numerouse to mention. you might need a di
for your guitar and a powered speaker. The board
has the rest.
Since this post I've downsized a bit.

Helix stomp has all the effects and compression.
Eae has a new amp the d658 which has it all plus 120 watts. You may look at. I have the d68
And its stellar. I mic, a stand a di box my guitar
Is all I need. Only issue is it's only 40 watts.
The d658 has 120...
Old 09-10-2019, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I’m back!!!!

Guess what? I omitted all FX pedals and just mic into input one and guitar into input 2! It sounds great dry and it’s 5 min set up and tear down. One trip on the cart. In FL these beach gigs require blower fans and I have a bin that I carry them cables etc in plus speaker stand/mic stand bag and speaker.

The gear was getting seriously messed up from the salty air so I sold most of it anyway. My PU system in my cheap beach Tak lasted one year even. Good times. Now I’m used to the sound dry and I like it. Natural.
Can you summarize the equipment? I can't remember if you stayed with your original amp or went with something else...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification